Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im gonna do a DMR AEG this spring.
I really want to go for the M14 as Semi auto only.

I want fps at about 500-550'ish with .2 bb's
Im going to use .29 Grand Master bb's on it.

As i understand the version 4 gearbox is the one to go for?

Gonna do most of the stuff in the "ultimate DMR guide"

Just need to know which rifle is the most economical rifle to use as base.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If I remember correctly a version 4 is TM PSG-1 gearbox.
This is correct. This gearbox is pretty cool, but very rare since it was only made for the TM PSG-1. It's also very difficult to upgrades and the parts are getting rare. The way this gearbox works is is fires the bb once the trigger is pulled and then the piston is pulled back. Once the trigger is pulled again, the piston only has to go forward and then get pulled back in one cycle; that's why the trigger is so responsive on these. I had a buddy that wanted to do this to an M14 gearbox and I think there were people on ASM talking about modding the M14 gearbox to pre-cock.

I don't know if this is what you actually meant, or you were just mistaken about which gearbox the M14 comes with. I'd stick to the stock V7 that comes in it and just upgrade it a lot. I think Vindi has a good guide on here somewhere on how he modded an M14.

EDIT: Wolf beat me to it lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh... my bad.. guess they are all V7?

I really like Cyma internals, i have several Cyma AK's & never had any problems with them.

The Cyma M14 & Kart M14 are TM clones correct?
So there should be lots of upgrade parts out there for it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Avoid the kart. I still have my kart m14 jae. I need to fix it up before I sell it, but its outer barrel is too tight for a lot of tightbores to fit in, so you have to be very picky. I managed to blow up the gb shell and shatter the motor shell. Most of its stock internals are pot metal, so none of them last. To truly build it into a dmr, every part would need to be replaced. In a cyma, plenty of the stock parts including the gb shell could be used and it will accept more barrels.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Cyma & KART are both TM compatable, the G&G & CA are both compatable, but the TM & G&G/CA are most definately not!!

The plus for the TM are that parts are reasonably easier to find, with a down side that their electrics are outside the GB waiting to get shit in them, you also need special gears and a special cut barrel for it that dont fit any other gun.

The plus for the G&G is you can use ordinary V2/3 gears etc and AUG parts except the tappet plate which is preprietory to the gun, with a down side of the standard mags are an arse to get hold of.

Don't believe the hype about the TM being more accurate than the G&G, its drose, the G&G hop is just as stable and can send bbs just as far...... and just to wind that little schenario up even farther if you follow my new improved guide, when I write it, you'll be able to send bbs even farther than a TM can even dream of >:D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hurry up man!!! I've literally been reading your guide every day to see if there is something I can do to my rifle!
Patience is a snipers way to success...... it'll be here soon, I'm just did some final testing and pics this sunday so its 'in the process' :tup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
m140 = 140m/s
So expect 460+ from this spring.
% springs are based off the marui standard 300fps. So a 150% spring yields 450fps.
Aye 300fps is M90 spring.
So i guess i should go for a M150 spring then.

Im gonna for a 6.02 barrel, & a Guarder medium bucking :)
Any type of nozzle or any more uppgrade parts i need to think of?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.