Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, evening everyone

So i'm fairly new to airsoft in the serious sense. been playing since i was six, but i went to my first field and event (D14, BB Wars Midnight Sun) the other weekend. I used my Cyma M14 EBR, completely stock just with a cheap optic, and my Elite Force 1911 Tac

I know the 1911 Tac isn't really upgradable, i think, if it is i'd love some tips n such on what to change and what to upgrade on it.
I do know the Cyma M14 has loads of possible upgrades, but i have no idea what to upgrade to or with.
I'm not looking to increase FPS much.
Number one priority is accuracy and reliability.
I'll be doing the upgrades myself, ive had it apart once, at least down to the gearbox but not into it. Needed to tighten the screws that hold the stock on. promptly put hella loctite on them.
What kind of recommendations do ya'll have? i've seen terms like barrel, bucking, hop, piston, etc. thrown around but i have no idea where to start for upgrades.
I also know there are tons of not-for-airsoft batteries that fit in the bigass box on the front of the gun, with huge capacity. anybody know any of those i could buy?
on a side note - Anyone know where i could find name tape patches?

Any help is appreciated, and i'll be documenting and posting my upgrade journey as it goes, once parts start arriving!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
For accuracy, I recommend these here parts.

As for reliability stuff, I don't know much about AEGs, so I'll let somebody else tell you about that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barrel and bucking ordered!
Not sure i wanna go into modifying parts yet, is there a drop-in arm/nub i could buy that would have the same effect?
If not no biggie, may just wait on that until i decide if it's something i truly want to do

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You could use a Modify nub, but my nub is completely removable if you just put on a very thin coating of oil or grease before you cast it.
You probably won't want to take it off though, I've heard from my very lacking number of users that it's the best thing since heavy BBs

·
Registered
790 Posts
M14s are fun, and by fun I mean painful. Good luck, upgrades are a bit limited. I'd suggest a ZCI high torque (you'll need to remove the shaft), 13:1 gearset, and new piston and cylinder head. Correct AOE, shim the gears, lube it well, that kind of thing. You can use a basic MOSFET, or go with a Gate Warfet if you value precock (which you should, it's just so satisfying).

Not sure why the EF 1911 gets so much love. I've used them, and they feel kinda sluggish in my opinion. I got a VFC FNS-9 recently and it feels SOOOO much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts