Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CYMA M14, Any chance that it'd be possible to turn it into a semi-decent DMR?
I'm not talking pushing 550, Just like 460, maybe 450, I'd like 500 though. But, just looking for something to do as I wrap up my sniper rifle project :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would do the following:

Metal, bearing spring guide. Despite having a V7 gearbox, the CYMA M14s actually use a V3 spring guide, so take care to get the right one.
Guarder SP130 or M140 spring.
Sorbo on the cylinder head (70D). This has three functions. Firstlly, to correct the angle of engagement between the piston and sector gear teeth, secondly to act as a shock absorber to help the gearbox to handle the impact from a stiff spring, and thirdly to quiet the gun a bit (although it honestly doesn't do all that much, in that regard, but it does change the sound from a sharp "clack" to more of a dull "thud").
ACM high-torque motor such as this or G&P M160.
Prommy piston head
The stock piston should be fine, but if you really want to play it safe, get a Prommy.
Get a new air nozzle, one with an o-ring. I've had great luck with guarder.
Correct any other compression issues. If at the cylinder head, you can seal with silicon sealant. At the piston head, either replace or stretch the o-ring.
Polishing the cylinder wouldn't be a bad idea.
Obviously re-shim and re-grease.
A mosfet wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if you plan to use a lipo (which would really help your trigger response since those neo-magnet motors like a lot of current).

Everyone seems to have their own favorite hop-up bucking/nub and barrel combinations, use whatever gets you results.

That's how I'd do it at least.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, great post. Re-shimming, would you suggest re-shimming everything? Also, i'm not sure what kind of FPS that would make it shoot. I'd need to get it perm semi if it's FPS was hot (400 I believe)

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
hoggie said:
First off, great post. Re-shimming, would you suggest re-shimming everything? Also, i'm not sure what kind of FPS that would make it shoot. I'd need to get it perm semi if it's FPS was hot (400 I believe)
Reshimming is always a good idea. I've had teammates buy complete Systema gearboxes and the first thing I do is strip them apart and reshim them. 9/10 shimming can be made more efficient = smoother/better running gearbox.

Second, a SP130/M140 should be somewhere between 450-475ish FPS, depending on other upgrades. With that said, I know MiA requires 410+ FPS to be semi-auto only, AO requires 400+ (and 18+ y/o only) be semi-auto only.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what you'd shim besides the gears...

As for FPS, you gave target numbers between 450 and 500. Actual power output with any setup will depend on compression and what the spring settles at, but I'd expect about 475, give or take, if you get the compression right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.