Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just got around to the barrel cap, and the magazine.
The barrel cap threading is CCW, and a VSR adapter fits just fine.
I got it out when I tried to drill the cap(To fit a longer inner barrel).

It seems no one is selling the gun anymore, and the magazines never made it to market.
Is there anyone that got some insight, in why that is?

I did find a usable magazine, it's for the Snow Wolf m24/m99, and it needed some fitting(The backside needs filing down) but it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to sniping, and i'd love to buy an m40a3 from Taiwangun and upgrade it.

(i don't like very much VSR/L96 snipers)

And I don't know exaclty what parts are upgradable.

I've searched on the internet and i just found few informations.

(piston + spring guide are VSR compatible)

Can someone tell me his feedback and what can be done to upgrade this Sniper ?

For exemple, is the VFC cylinder compatible or the Ares MCM700x one ? or the CM.702 cylinder one ?

Is the trigger VSR compatible ? (i'd like to use airsoft pro VSR kit, but their isn't kit without the Trigger so

it's lost money)

I've contacted Taiwangun about compatibilities, i just wait their answer.

Thank you for reading my message.

(sorry for my english i'm french and i try to do my best)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question abaut parts

hi guys!
im ordering that little ba**** gun but i dont know what tuning parts are fit together.....
im already buy thos :
-7 / 9mm steel rotation spring guide with bearing for CYMA SWS M24 CM.702
-Hybrid Piston for CYMA SWS M24 CM.702 rifle
-Steel cylinder for CYMA SWS M24 CM.702 rifle
is the 702 and the 700 maybe the same? so dont have problem when i install them, Thank you!
sorry for my bad english....:lmao:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
hi guys!
im ordering that little ba**** gun but i dont know what tuning parts are fit together.....
im already buy thos :
-7 / 9mm steel rotation spring guide with bearing for CYMA SWS M24 CM.702
-Hybrid Piston for CYMA SWS M24 CM.702 rifle
-Steel cylinder for CYMA SWS M24 CM.702 rifle
is the 702 and the 700 maybe the same? so dont have problem when i install them, Thank you!
sorry for my bad english....:lmao:
I'd suggest you to send email to airsoft pro, maybe they will know what parts will fit inside , since they make parts for cyma m24 it's your best shot.

Reactions: kazuchan

·
Registered
44 Posts
So this takes aeg barrels, what kind of buckings does this use?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellowes!
I've just bought and upgraded 2 cm700, so I can answer some question.
It use AEG barrels, i've put a PDI AEG 6.05 461mm in, it fit perfectly. One of mine needed a little drill in the barrel cap, the other one was "pre-drilled" out of the box :/
It's use VSR Piston, but the cylinder is a little bit smaller than VSR, so i've sanddown the 2 teflon ring of the MAG VSR Cylinder
Perfectly sealed.
The spring guide is in cheap plastic, so i use this: MAG Spring guide
with this spring, I have 450fps Spring M140
I use this bucking MAPLE LEAF MACARON 75°
The hop-up unit is a PDI type, and the o-ring is bad, i've replaced it with a smaller diameter, and it's good.
The cylinder head is not compatible with the APS/M24 one.
Now, Taiwan Gun sold the extra magazines here.

Sorry for my retarded english, i'm from France.
If you have any questions, you can reply to this post ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
This Cyma M40A3 is identical with S&T M40A3 PDI Custom which I used.

For those who are looking for after market hop up chamber for this gun, it can use action army hop up L96 chamber, since the diameter is same 22mm.
For applying this you have to drill a 2.5mm hole on the outer barrel, 6mm from the edge that the magazine comes in to outer barrel.
Also sand the mag catch to make enough room for the screw that holds the chamber through the 2.5mm new hole.

It's definitely giving much better consistency compare to the stock one.
The only problem is when you adjust the hop screw. You can do it by sliding a little and adjust through the hole that originally exist. It is difficult but do-able. TDC might be a perfect combination for this set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hmm...this might end up being my first BASR ;)
What's bad about the PDI chamber? It takes AEG buckings and barrels but is that it?

·
Registered
619 Posts
PDI chamber desgin 2 hop-up arms and 2 screws. Each time you adjust hop-up, like action army vsr-10, you have to pull cylinder and use hex wrench to adjust hop-up. Very annoy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
And also vsr style bucking have much more compression than aeg bucking. Aeg buckings are not design for high compression rate. Bcs of that I dislike pdi chambers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you know if the l96 cylinder head will work with the stock cm. 700 cylinder and AA l96 hopup chamber? I tried airsoftpro cylinderhead but the nozzle was too thick for the stock cm. 700 hopup chamber.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts