Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm rather new here!

Anyway I've had my heart set on grabbing a dmr, I own a utg l96 and it's great, but being able to run around and engage quickly would be nice. Also, the local team doesn't allow over 1.5j (around 400fps) without getting a pain in the ass sniper certification. I tend to just play with my friends anyway (around 10 of us) since it's easier that way, but when a big event hits I would like to not be stuck with my AK. Anyway... more to the point.

So I wanted a DMR that was:
1. As close to 400 fps as possible without going too far over
2. NOT an M4/M16 style or nothing like it. I'm not a huge fan of M4s, mainly because everyone and their bloody mother has one!
3. Something around or under $200-250

So after extensive research I was brought to this:
440 FPS CYMA Full Metal SVD AEG DMR Airsoft Sniper Rifle - CM057A|CYMA-CM057 on sale at Airsoft Megastore
Fits all the criteria! Now the reason I'm posting is, does anyone here actually have this gun? There's not a ton of info on it since everyone tends to go straight for the m4/m16 style or something along the lines of an m14 EBR (My second choice). I'm glad not many people own glorious soviet SVD

because it means I am being original! But nonetheless, who here has this gun, and what should I know about it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the King Arms version of this. They look the same in the video thats for sure. It's ok for a dmr. It needed a upgraded spring to shoot .3's to 200 ft. But but the accuracy isn't all that good at that range. Still running the stock inner barrel mind you so that factors into its accuracy. But anything 150 feet close and you're all about the body shots. I'm running a mosfet with 11.1 lipo stick, 130 spring, flat hop'd with teflon mod and high torque shs motor. Haven't opened up the gear box yet (KA version is a quick change spring) so can't tell you about the internals.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pumping any more fps out of this gun would make it illegal for me to use at official games as it is already at the limit for non-sniper card certified players. I plan on taking the test in the summer, if I pass I'll upgrade it for sure, but for now I can only do non fps increasing upgrades.

Anyway I just ordered it :D I love the wood one, but when you compare prices ($215 vs $155) I can honestly say that buying the polymer one was justified. Also ordered a new speed loader, a scope mount, and a mid cap for it. Hoping UPS ground can deliver it before Saturday as there's a big event and I would prefer not being stuck with my AK. Suppose I might put my impressions on here once I get it as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got a Cyma SVD last year.
It's by far my most used gun, really reliable shooter with good build quality.

Out of the box it will sound lazy with horrible delay between pulling the trigger and the gun firing. This can be overcome with Mosfet and 11.1V lipo battery.

Mods/upgrades:
140 spring
IR hop
11.1 Lipo battery
Mosfet
POSP SVD sight

I can reach out roughly to 70 meters with G&G .28 BB's aiming above my target, have yet to try it with heavier BB's. Really liking the accuracy as well, stock barrel seems to be just fine.

Cyma mid cap magazines feed great, not a single misfeed with them so far. Never used the hi caps.
Paid under 200€ for it new with free shipping so cant complain about that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a Cyma SVD last year.
snip
Been inactive on the forum for awhile (real life called and needed things) but thanks for the reply! I've used it in 2 scrimmages and I really like it, need to work on adjusting the hop up perfectly though. I am definitely going to get a lipo in the future, you said you put an 11.1v in. I was considering getting just a 7.4v lipo but if you've used an 11.1v for a year and had no problems I might as well get one as well! Not sure how I would set up mosfet though. Mind linking which lipo/mosfet you have? As you may know battery space is limited and I don't want to get one that's too big by accident.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I got a stronger spring would I need a new piston head as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts