Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

A friend of mine has a CYMA SR25, and had the misfortune of using a MAXX Cylinder head in it, resulting in the shells cylinder head guide “pin” to be shredded off of the shell. He obviously can’t reuse the shell now with a repair. I was wondering if someone knows :

A) Where we can source him a replacement gearbox shell?

B) Are there any cross-compatibly between the CYMA box and another OEM’s? I know that A&K’s and G&P’s aren’t cross compatible because the Retro Arms gearbox is for those two, and it wont go directly into a CYMA. Does anyone know if Classic Army’s gearbox is able to be directly dropped in a CYMA receiver?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey all,

A friend of mine has a CYMA SR25, and had the misfortune of using a MAXX Cylinder head in it, resulting in the shells cylinder head guide “pin” to be shredded off of the shell. He obviously can’t reuse the shell now with a repair. I was wondering if someone knows :

B) Are there any cross-compatibly between the CYMA box and another OEM’s? I know that A&K’s and G&P’s aren’t cross compatible because the Retro Arms gearbox is for those two, and it wont go directly into a CYMA. Does anyone know if Classic Army’s gearbox is able to be directly dropped in a CYMA receiver?

Contact Taiwangun.com, they have those gearboxes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey all,

Just making sure. You do know that the SR25 gearboxes are longer than regular m4 style ver. 2 gearboxes right?
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive exhaust

The Cyma SR-25 uses a ver 2.5 gearbox. The replacement I would recommend would be the CNC retroarms one

I know that the price is high but trust me these things are basically unbreakable

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just making sure. You do know that the SR25 gearboxes are longer than regular m4 style ver. 2 gearboxes right?
View attachment 19932

The Cyma SR-25 uses a ver 2.5 gearbox. The replacement I would recommend would be the CNC retroarms one

I know that the price is high but trust me these things are basically unbreakable
Yes, I know that the CYMA SR25 is a V2.5, but not all V2.5’s are the same, externally.

I also know that the Retro Arms V2.5 is made to fit in an A&K/G&P setup, and that the CYMA receiver will not take the RA GB without modifications. Classic Army V2.5’s are also not directly compatible with the RA gearbox without modification as well.

The only reason why the CYMA shell got damaged that a MAXX cylinder head was used, and its less than perfect design allowed stress to be put on a part of the gearbox, in a way which stress should never had been placed on it to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
4,034 Posts
Its just the cylinder head alignment pegs right? Or did you break the front of the gearbox off?

·
Super Moderator
4,034 Posts
If its just the pegs then yes you can fix them. If you cracked part of the gearbox when those broke then you will need to replace it.

Though to be fair you don't really need those pegs all that much. They mostly make it so the cylinder head doesn't rotate. I have a couple gearboxes with those sheared off and they run fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 19932

But retro wont fit , you must replace holes of pins ... Cyma made own CNC GB

·
Registered
7 Posts
RA ones are made from 7075 aluminum while the Cyma one is 6061. It’s just better material and will last longer with stiffer springs
ok, im wont studies about aluminium what its used , but prob si you must make new hole , for some people its problem .. thats is all what im say ... idk what ppl used of spring but mine cyma SR25 - ml bucking and prommy barrel got 480fps .. with stock ported cylinder ... and no prob ... im no have time play so new parts sits on shelf ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts