Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

proverbial discord mod wannabe
If you are going hunting, I honestly would not recommend one of the 'precision' style air rifles. They are simply very heavy.
I would either get a break barrel, the advantage being you never run out of air or co2, or I would get a co2 powered vermin killer like the Crossman ratcatcher, as they are extremely light, and designed for the express purpose of bringing doom to small furry creatures.

I always did target shooting with a .177. Simply much more available where I live.

As for pellets, you should try out a range of them, there are so many different shapes available out there, that you just need to find the best for your gun.

Here's a fun little video on some interesting pellets: The weirdest of all airgun pellets - YouTube

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Before you set your mind on something, make sure it has a regulator.
If it doesn't, don't get it, your shot count and accuracy will be way worse.

For calibers, .177 kind of sucks for accuracy and hunting, and .22 is way better for both, and .25 is even better.

I suggest .22 unless you are looking to do serious target shooting as the ammo is very common, and half the price of .25.
I also suggest that you only use 18-33 grain JSB pellets, they are the best around and cheaper than most you will find.
Thanks, I was thinking 22 as well. Don鈥檛 need the stopping power of a 25, and it will limit the shots per charge considerably. 22 is more middle of the road.
Confused on regulators. Unless they鈥檙e adjustable you may be getting more shots per cycle but lacking the pressure for accuracy at increased distrances.
What are your thoughts on refills ? Tank or Compressor ?
Both look costly $$$
JEEZZZ SO MUCH TO THINKKKK ABOUT 馃く馃槱

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If you are going hunting, I honestly would not recommend one of the 'precision' style air rifles. They are simply very heavy.
I would either get a break barrel, the advantage being you never run out of air or co2, or I would get a co2 powered vermin killer like the Crossman ratcatcher, as they are extremely light, and designed for the express purpose of bringing doom to small furry creatures.

I always did target shooting with a .177. Simply much more available where I live.

As for pellets, you should try out a range of them, there are so many different shapes available out there, that you just need to find the best for your gun.

Here's a fun little video on some interesting pellets: The weirdest of all airgun pellets - YouTube
im a tincan/target guy.
It pained me watching the bird. Were they even game birds ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Did I send something with a bird? I've double checked and I can't find anything.

Edit: Unless you mean the Youtuber's logo. If so, then sorry about that.
Very strange 馃
I clicked on 鈥淭he weirdest pellets鈥 utube video
It showed pellets, then a guy shooting at a tree, then a bunch of birds in the grass being waisted.
I just rewatched it and it showed the pellets and it transitioned to a different video
Anyway, yes I get the convenience of the break barrel as apposed to PCP but if I want that much exercise I鈥檒l go to the gym 馃槣

proverbial discord mod wannabe
Very strange
I clicked on 鈥淭he weirdest pellets鈥 utube video
It showed pellets, then a guy shooting at a tree, then a bunch of birds in the grass being waisted.
I just rewatched it and it showed the pellets and it transitioned to a different video
Anyway, yes I get the convenience of the break barrel as apposed to PCP but if I want that much exercise I鈥檒l go to the gym
For me it shows the pellets, then he shoots some targets. Mysterious.

What are your thoughts on refills ? Tank or Compressor ?
Both look costly $$$
JEEZZZ SO MUCH TO THINKKKK ABOUT 馃く馃槱
PCP hand pump maybe?

Registered
Definitely get a hand pump, I own both a pump and a compressor, but a hand pump is great unless you have paintball tanks.
This is the fourth pump I have bought, and it is definitely my favorite.
My first was bad quality and lasted a year, my second I accidentally cleaned it with a solvent and it did the diesel engine thing where it popped the hose and ruined everything.
That lasted 3 years and would have lasted probably double that if I hadn't been stupid.
The third was a 4 stage that I took one look at and immediately returned as it was full aluminum and really wobbly.

Super Moderator
Depending on how far you are shooting I have a suggestion on an air gun. If its close, like 30 yards or less. One of these will do the job just fine. Diana Chaser | Buy Now | Pyramyd Air

For blastin paper and coke cans, easily blasted a full tin of pellets yesterday with my dad. Runs on 12g CO2 cartridges. Easy to source locally. Academy, Walmart, any sporting goods store. about 650 FPS on the .177, 500 on the .22. Very quiet when in its rifle configuration. Surprisingly accurate and very light weight. I can fairly easily threw hole my shots at 40 ft with it. Open sight. Not a huge fan of the sights on it as they are quite basic, but they do the job. Much prefer fiber optic sights.

Wont blast holes in your fence either. Unlike my dad's .22 Gamo goes right threw the fence like it wasnt even there. Pretty sure its an earlier version of this one. Gamo Whisper Silent Cat | Pyramyd Air

Super Moderator
Pics for reference.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Definitely get a hand pump, I own both a pump and a compressor, but a hand pump is great unless you have paintball tanks.
This is the fourth pump I have bought, and it is definitely my favorite.
My first was bad quality and lasted a year, my second I accidentally cleaned it with a solvent and it did the diesel engine thing where it popped the hose and ruined everything.
That lasted 3 years and would have lasted probably double that if I hadn't been stupid.
The third was a 4 stage that I took one look at and immediately returned as it was full aluminum and really wobbly.
Wow Thanks
Most hand pumps I see are 4-5 times that price.
Definitely worth a shot before jumping into a more expensive setup.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Depending on how far you are shooting I have a suggestion on an air gun. If its close, like 30 yards or less. One of these will do the job just fine. Diana Chaser | Buy Now | Pyramyd Air

For blastin paper and coke cans, easily blasted a full tin of pellets yesterday with my dad. Runs on 12g CO2 cartridges. Easy to source locally. Academy, Walmart, any sporting goods store. about 650 FPS on the .177, 500 on the .22. Very quiet when in its rifle configuration. Surprisingly accurate and very light weight. I can fairly easily threw hole my shots at 40 ft with it. Open sight. Not a huge fan of the sights on it as they are quite basic, but they do the job. Much prefer fiber optic sights.

Wont blast holes in your fence either. Unlike my dad's .22 Gamo goes right threw the fence like it wasnt even there. Pretty sure its an earlier version of this one. Gamo Whisper Silent Cat | Pyramyd Air
Thanks
That Diana Chaser looks like an inexpensive fun plinker to have around no matter what else I may decide on.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts