Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is getting into airsoft and is looking at buying an AEG in the 200-400 range, and something that takes M4 mags as I can give him enough for a load out.
I'm basically looking for something that'll be snappy and handle a 7.4 lipo for ages without blowing up, and something with a decent hop chamber that I could do all my stuff to.

I know that the CYMA Platinum is pretty decent, I owned one in AEG firm for a couple months, but they're expensive now and if there's something about that good for less that'd be better.
I can work on the gun and all that, but I'd like to not touch the gearbox more than I have to.

So, what's a good M4 or something that takes M4 mags these days?

· Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up with an AX-15 in metal, that thing looks super cool and sounds pretty decent.
Got a Maple Leaf 2021 80° bucking and all the stuff you'd need to start off, so it should be a pretty kickass gun with just a little barrel lapping and a few small diy mods.

· Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This gun seems pretty solid, there's some Japanese dude on IG I know, and he's loving his. Probably 20k in that thing easy, and he says it's fine.

Imo airsoft companies like G&G, VFC, and G&P really need to step up their shit. I saw a Combat Machine for $290. Poly body, probably somewhat lame parts, and didn't look cool. This gun was $240 since we got the long version, has a cool FET, has a cool body, decent hop, and overall seems pretty dang competitive. Just can't imagine paying $600 for a pot metal body when an actual AR-15 receiver set is $100 and is made of forged 7075 or CNC 6061 aluminum. Just disappointed with airsoft generally, it's so expensive and it's made of absolute garbage. Idk how a decent shotgun can be sold for $200 from Turkey, but you can't get a decent M4 for that much. Ridiculous.

Also, this thread is only a day or two old, so you're good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts