Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i've been out of the airsoft market for a while now but the time has come to buy a new rifle which I will actually keep and not sell on once upgraded and 'tuned'. I have narrowed the selection of rifles down to two; being the Maruzen APS2 and the Tokyo Marui SSR L96 AWS, I don't have too greater knowledge about both of these rifles so can somebody enlighten me as to which rifle would be better?

And yes before anybody asks, I do know that one of the rifles is modelled after a MK96 and the other, the M40/R700/Hunting rifle series of rifles.

Zero

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
These are probably 2 of the best spring sniper rifle platforms, I would add and the VSR though.

I don't like APS2 hop up as I don't like the feed ramp of the L96, the VSR doesn't have these problems ... ;)

Wolf

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finland: I never knew that so that is something to think about! Isn't it possible to change to a different chamber though? :L

Wolf: Im glad you agree! ;) The only problem with the VSR, is that I have worked on many VSR's before and I wanted to try out something new. I also wanted have a rifle with a realistic feeding system; magazine in the correct place but on the other hand I have seen posts on this forum concerning part of the feeding system breaking off near the breach so it loads more than one bb at a time.

And contradicting myself now; as I did add the APS2, you don't see them too often and I have never worked on one so it would be a nice and educating experience if you catch my drift.. :/

Say I add the VSR; which rifle would you now recommend?

Zero

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Food for thought I guess.. Can't be as bad as the Ashbury though! ;) So all in all, which rifle would you recommend out of the 3 on a whole?

Zero

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
VSR.
You can buy upgrades/spare at your local mini market, it's light and it's easy to maintain. The most important for me is the plethora of upgrade parts, do you know what I've through to get a bolt handle for my SP M40?

Wolf

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The vsr, unlike the other rifles, has so many upgrades it's possible to build an entire vsr by starting from scratch (besides getting the stock). The other guns are good too, but they are are not as common, so there isn't as much info about mods and such online. I just went with what is easy to access.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The g-spec is more of a scout rifle wile the pro is more of a full-blown sniper. The pro hs a longer barrel, which is why I got it. A barrel's length plays a part in accuracy and fps up to about 450-500mm. I believe the pro is more accurate but I could also be wrong. The pro also just looks a little more menacing. The g-spec is easier to carry around and move through bushes. The longer barrel does mean more fps and a more stable bb, so I went with the pro. You can also see in my sig what rifle I got.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is no difference in the vsr models once you start to upgrade. its mainly looks.
I would always pick the g-spec over the pro sniper though.

With the g-spec you get the silencer that actually works even with a 430 barrel attached,then theres the bull barrel which make it easier to fit and have more barrel spacers. Some people also prefer the bolt handle from the g-spec but that doesn't make much difference to me.

The aps2 is also not a bad rifle, back in the day it was the only bolt action that you would see on the field bar a few tanaka's many.
Upgrade parts are a bit more expensive and there are less of them nowadays ,as I believe they stopped production of the rifle a few years ago.

You need to get either the SV or EX models as the other doesn't have hop.
The EX has adjustable hop and the SV a fixed hop which I always preferred.
PDI still make a lot of parts for the aps models.

There not bad rifles and preform very well when tuned properly,but the bolt handle bar on the rear of the cylinder had a tendency to snap with use when running high fps set ups after a while which can be costly in the long run

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.