Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone think of something small and durable that could produce synthetic shooting sounds? Maybe I could set a ringtone on my phone and call using a different phone, but I'd rather have something I could toss

·
Registered
568 Posts
Small recorder, start recording, wait for awhile, take shots with small intervals, repeat.
In game, make it play, throw/place it, nice decoy sounds after a while.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I sometimes use mess tins and shoot at them. They make a ping sound and people go over to check it out. Then I just shoot them instead. ;)

And be careful what you use. I mean, don't go using an iPod, it could easily get stolen even if you're watching it from a distance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I placed a peace of gear on the ground, and when a nice chap tried to pick it up I shot him.
He was annoyed as hell and said he was going to ask later in the safezone who it belonged to. :)
I don´t do that anymore.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I did use decoys when I first started sniping. I used a cheap shotgun with a bright orange tip. It was good because the enemy just lit the decoy up. The sound of their AEGs masked my shots.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, helmets are great, even in woodland, putting a helmet next to a bush or something can make a decoy very easily.
If you are using ghillie and a wrap on your rifle, you can get some sticks and leaves, then make a ball from sticks and leaves, and put a long stick (some leaves around it) "aiming" where enemy would come, put it in an obvious sniper position so they'll see it. They might try to flank it, giving you an opportunity to shoot them when they try to be sneaky, moving slowly and stuff.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I find Thunder Bs a better distraction and decoy makes everyone look that way and get confused then you rush in with your squad and eat them up. Helmet on a stick got to try that one. Now where to find a stick in the desert CRAP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Decoy idea

I have a small motion sensor that makes the lodest and most annoying beeping sound when activated. I just set it up somewhere that they use to sneak by or I set it up t the side of me and throw a rock at it to activate it. Only used it once, but it worked well.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well I`m going to turn this into how to find enemies. Advanced spotter and sniper team. Why don`t you deploy a RC plane with a camera on it and have a fpv setup so you get live feed. And have a little trap door at the bottom of the plane to drop bbs. Wouldn`t that make the most amazing spotter and sniper team.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Just. We`ll can always rig thunder bs to the plane. I can see a small white plane taking out the entire team. Wait better we`ll rig a pistol to it yup XD

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Maybe an old authentic guille suit? Just put it next to a tree and have something metal concealed within.

People will think the guillie is a person and will shoot and you will hear the "ping" sound when they hit the metal item.

·
Registered
568 Posts
How would you carry another ghillie and metal? Instead of ghillie, an old bdu or something that a lot of people use at your field. Then put sticks inside it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts