Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've seen there's a few different models of the Tanaka M700.
e.g. Police, AICS, Pre-ban, Takedown etc.

Could anyone care to explain the differences?

Thank you.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Every Tanaka rifle runs on the same exact system internally, they just have different stocks and outer barrels.

The Pre-ban (not available anymore) had adjustable FPS by a screw on the bolt

akfortyseven is right about the takedown. It is pretty much the same except that it breaks down into to pieces for easier storage (I've heard it leaks at the area where it breaks down).

The KJW style rifles are the same also except for the hop-up unit. It's already VSR-10 compatible.

If you're looking into buying one of these systems, PM me. I have a KJW M700 in a Tanaka AICS stock that I'm looking to sell and it would be cheaper than buying new.

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
The police version has the standard M700 stock and the barrel is much slimer than the standard M700 barrel.
The diference between the M700, M40A1 and M24 is the stock.

Don't look at all at the Take Down versions , these pretty crap and even more inconsistent than the others.
Pre-ban versions have the PCS (power control system) but from what I've seen so far everyone adjust it to max and leave it there. Also if you run the gun with externally gas source like CO2 or HPA, PCS is practically useles cause you adjust the fps from the external rig (this solution gives you much better consistency)

The AICS as stated is an M700 in AI stock and it's the heavier of all. I had an AICS and sold it and I've kept the Police, it's much easier to skirmish with a lighter gun.
But I'd suggest to avoid gas guns cause all are very incosistent (unless you've rigged them externally).
And Tanaka are way overated!! They tend to break down fairly easy and spare parts are fairly difficult to track down.

Wolf

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Wolf, if I do go for a Tanaka I'll have a look at the Police versions. Will I still be able to get 500fps out of it when upgraded or modded?

·
Administrator
6,266 Posts
All are the same, the differences are only externally. So all can fire with same velocities!
I've put a flutted 26inch M24 barrel in mine, and I have an M40 spare stock (the barrel screw is at different location on the M40!) ;-)

Wolf

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just want to say from another side that Tanaka's are not the worst system there is, they might not be the best but they perform incredibly well once tuned.

By the way my Tanaka AICS with scope and everything weighs 14lb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.