Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
No, easiest way to explain is hooke's law

F = kx

F = forced applied on the spring (the force that comes out after compression)
k = spring constant
x = displacement

*There are other higher level elements to it...but that would just make this explanation more confusing

While the F which generated 150m/s might be the same for an AEG and VSR spring, the k and x is dramatically different to arrive at that number. This is because VSR springs are much longer in length than typical AEG springs, and therefore displacement is different. A VSR spring compressed down to an AEG length would generate you ALOT more than 150m/s. So you're comparing apples and oranges. When they give you the 150m/s value (force), they are assuming the displacement typically associated with their respective platforms

Reactions: SiliconeSword

· Registered
552 Posts
@mrFonzie
I don't know the various lengths or spring constants off hand, but I can't imagine the values being the same

Are those platforms even cross compadiable?

Reactions: Blackmail

· Registered
552 Posts
@mrFonzie

I think part of the confusion might be you believe all springs are the same and interchangeable? Which isn't the case
You can't take a truck engine and throw it on to a hybrid (not easily at least) and expect everything to translate. Sure they are engines and they turn a belt, but they are clearly doing different things and measured differently

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.