Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The number one way, it seems, to dirty up a ghillie suit is to put it on and role into a pile of mud or maybe a stream. Well, here in SOCAL on the coast there is neither puddle of mud nor stream. So, my question is: How would i go about getting it extremly dirty?
Thanks in advance,
Mike who like to snipe!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Like yankee said, find some dirt, get a bucket of water (or hose) and make a good ol' mud pile. Then take chunks of mud and slap it on your ghillie. Rub it all over, let it air dry for a few hours, then hose off. Let it air dry, and then repeat the process again.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
There is no exact number of times that it needs to be done, but it least a few. Sure, once would be enough, seeing as you would be playing in the suit and it would get more worn in, but I like to do it a few times when I first build the ghillie to really make the ghillie more natural.

Last summer, when I built my ghillie, I repeated the process three times. I plan on doing it again once it gets warm out.

You will see huge improvements in making your ghillie natural after just one time, and even better results after a second time through.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I toss mine in a mud hole for a day or two. Let the mud get nice and crusty with the fibers. I then take it out into the country, after a nice rain. Find a gravel road, and attach the suit to the bumper with some rope. Put a sandbag or something on the front, for pressure, and then cruise down the road.

In about 5 miles you should be set. But check it every so often. I will usually be sitting on the tail gate watching, as my buddy drives the truck. There is no need to go 50 mph. Even a good 5-10 mph is good.

Just be careful

·
Registered
745 Posts
woogie said:
I toss mine in a mud hole for a day or two. Let the mud get nice and crusty with the fibers. I then take it out into the country, after a nice rain. Find a gravel road, and attach the suit to the bumper with some rope. Put a sandbag or something on the front, for pressure, and then cruise down the road.

In about 5 miles you should be set. But check it every so often. I will usually be sitting on the tail gate watching, as my buddy drives the truck. There is no need to go 50 mph. Even a good 5-10 mph is good.

Just be careful
I'm surpised it's not ripped! :)
I just would toss mine into mud and let it sit ;P

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
During the summer, whenever it rains, I throw my ghillie on the lawn and let it sit for a few hours.

Basically, beat the hell out of the ghillie and treat it like complete crap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's looking great after a good soaking!
Really nicely done!

If I could make one last critique, it still has a bit of a "fluffiness?" to it that I think you can get rid of fairly easily by interspersing some jute strands. Take another look at Fuzzy's ghillie for a good reference of how the jute takes the bushiness out of your form and helps you melt into the environment a bit more.

Otherwise, I'd say it's looking very nice indeed!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Something else to consider other than dirtying the ghillie is the boots you wear. In a few of the pics in my gallery thread, you can see my boots sticking out from areas with vegetation.

Slap some mud on them as well, and the boots will blend much better.

Pics:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.