Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks of ASF!

(I understand that it's customary for new members to complete an introductory post, and I will. But I thought due to the circumstances it would be okay to post here first.)

I've been a long time lurker on these forums due to the helpful information and great personalities that make this place awesome. That being said, I've just come back to the sport after a ~4 year hiatus and decided to pick up my old rifle and get it back into working condition.

Sometime in 2011 I upgraded a BAR-10 that only had 3-500 rounds through it before being put in it's case, under my bed and left untouched until about two weeks ago. I had upgraded everything, but the issue at the time was the spring (Angel Custom trash) was advertised as 420-520 fps and gave me chrono readings of about 400fps just weeks after the install. To get my investment finally shooting like the $500 rifle it was supposed to be I decided last week to purchase an Action Army M170 spring and Maple Leaf bucking. These seemed to be working like a charm and for several days I was shooting and tuning my rifle with my last remaining bag of 0.30g KSC's

Until... my zero trigger broke. I put a Laylax z-trigger in this thing back in '11 that hardly endured any sort of stress until about 100 shots in with these new parts and the thing literally exploded on me. I am extremely discouraged, thinking about dropping the project altogether because I fear dropping another $160 on an AA trigger only to have the same outcome; or even have my $80 dollar EdGI barrel melt or do something equally as unexpected (joking of course). I'll upload pictures of exactly what happened to the assembly when I get home from work.

Has anyone else heard of, or had it happen to them where their z-triggers have broken? Google has not turned up many results. I'm hesitant on pulling the trigger on buying this Action Army piece. Part of the attraction to BASR's for me was their low maintenance upon completion (besides cleaning and tuning), and longevity.

EDIT: Added 3 Pictures

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Decided to cut this into two posts for length purposes)

Also, a list of parts and upgrades. All pieces not labeled otherwise are ~4 years old.

- Laylax Zero trigger (Broken)
- Laylax Orange Piston
- Laylax Spring Guide
- Action Army M170 Spring (One week old)
- Maple Leaf monster bucking (One week old)
- EdGI 6.01mm tightbore

· Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
Hmmm the only things I have heard is that some times the springs(?) in them can be garbage upon arrival, pics would help.

· Registered
5,641 Posts
Like Plaz sadi, the trigger spring can break but that can be replaced with a pen spring altered to fit and then it will last for another 20000-40000 shots.
I have never heard of a zero trigger exploding. I have even used a SP210 spring on it and it worked fine. Both Laylax and Action Army should be able to handle these very strong springs.

· Registered
5,641 Posts
Yep will agree on the trigger springs of laylax zero triggers. Witnessed one just suddenly go in a friends rifle. Complete pain to sort it out as well by the looks of it.
Wow. That is amazing. Check out the Action Army one then as I have pushed that to the maximum. It can handle the biggest spring and the only issue it the one with the little spring that broke and it can easily be replaced by a pen spring. Action Army are bullet proof.
Still, I am amazed that Laylax failed. (Although I have had some of their pins within the trigger break)

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

Yeah, I've seen a few posts/pictures of the small trigger spring breaking but unfortunately... that isn't the case for me. The assembly frame actually bent quite a bit and none of the little mechanisms inside fit back into their slots. It exploded... haha.

I will have pictures up in an hour or two when I get home from work.

· Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
Hmmm... I wonder if you got a genuine laylax then. I have heard that there has been a rash of fake laylax products floating around, from what I understood it was only barrels. I guess not from that.

· Registered
41 Posts
Looking at the pictures it looks like you're missing a screw on the other side of that brass block that holds the trigger unit together. I have an angle customs zero trigger that looks identical to yours and it fell apart similiar to yours. Simple to rebuild, if you like puzzles, and trigger springs are pen springs. Line the pins up to their holes in the frame and screw everything tight. Just remember to add some loktite to the screw when you tighten them up. Since my fell apart I've got about 2000 shots and it's still as tight as ever.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking at the pictures it looks like you're missing a screw on the other side of that brass block that holds the trigger unit together. I have an angle customs zero trigger that looks identical to yours and it fell apart similiar to yours. Simple to rebuild, if you like puzzles, and trigger springs are pen springs. Line the pins up to their holes in the frame and screw everything tight. Just remember to add some loktite to the screw when you tighten them up. Since my fell apart I've got about 2000 shots and it's still as tight as ever.
Actually, the screw was in there. When the frame bent that screw must have flown off somewhere because when I took the barrel out of the receiver it was nowhere to be found. Somehow it had to have been under some serious pressure because in one picture in particular you can see just how far the steel housing is bent out of place. I don't think there is any screwing this thing back together.

· Registered
446 Posts
That is ABSOLUTLY repairable!! No problem!! As long as the brass block isn't striped out which is unlikely. Even if it is, it can be re tapped without much effort. The frame can be bent back with a vice if its actualy bent and not just stuck on a pin. The screw can be replaced at lowes or home depot. It is a bit of a puzzle to put back together. I'd be willing to do it for you if you paid for shipping, no charge. Just PM if your interested.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
That is ABSOLUTLY repairable!! No problem!! As long as the brass block isn't striped out which is unlikely. Even if it is, it can be re tapped without much effort. The frame can be bent back with a vice if its actualy bent and not just stuck on a pin. The screw can be replaced at lowes or home depot. It is a bit of a puzzle to put back together. I'd be willing to do it for you if you paid for shipping, no charge. Just PM if your interested.
Hmm... really? It's a mystery to me why it bent so badly, but it is indeed bent. I'll have to take it back out and fiddle with it as I haven't much since putting it away!

EDIT: After a LOT of prying and mashing things around I think I've got it back where it's supposed to be. I'll have to stop at Home Depot to get a screw tomorrow. I fear it's weakened from such a bad bend in the frame, but here's to hoping it doesn't happen again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.