Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so in my wanders I stumbled across this site.

DIY Camo Dip

Now I was thinking of doing a Hydro Dip but a quote of $350 for the stock $500 with the scope kind of shot a big hole in that plan. $99 and I would get enough to do at least 2 guns full length and still have some left over.

- So has anybody used this?
- How well did it work for you?
- What Pattern would you use?

Now I live in the Great Northwestern part of the U.S. so we have mainly pines and fern under growth.

This is my prime hunting terrain..

So the 2 patterns I'm looking at are:

Since we have a lot of dead fall and this matches the pine tress perfectly...

Or this since we have a lot of Alder stands that I end up taking a hide spot in.

Sorry if this has been brought up before my search didn't find anything.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have read on a few other forums that people really like these kits.

I believe I have seen a " how to video" over on Youtube. Take a look, it seems really easy to do and ends up really nice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have a couple of great videos on "How To" on their site and it looks like it isn't that hard. I just have to convince the wife that I need to camo my man cave so I can order 3 or 4 patterns. :)

I'm really leaning towards the tree bark one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gentlemann said:
For starters, camo tape looks horrible once it starts to peel.
Ahem and is a pain....

Plus you don't get the 3D effect with tape that you can achieve with this. A lot of people knock the real tree style camo patterns but they can be quite effective.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I looked into this as well. I could definitely see "dipping" a stock and scope, then simply flat painting the barrel/action. The effect would be pretty nice.

There are two websites I know about to buy the material online (links below). Looks like it would cost around $100 for one kit.

http://www.mydipkit.com/ - Original site??
http://www.camodipkit.com/ - Has more colors/patterns.

If anyone tries this, I would love to see some pictures.

Myself, I'll most likely go with the old Krylon camo. It's cheaper and easier, and if I want to change the pattern, it won't be that hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay so in my wanders I stumbled across this site.

DIY Camo Dip

Now I was thinking of doing a Hydro Dip but a quote of $350 for the stock $500 with the scope kind of shot a big hole in that plan. $99 and I would get enough to do at least 2 guns full length and still have some left over.

- So has anybody used this?
- How well did it work for you?
- What Pattern would you use?

Now I live in the Great Northwestern part of the U.S. so we have mainly pines and fern under growth.

This is my prime hunting terrain..

So the 2 patterns I'm looking at are:

Since we have a lot of dead fall and this matches the pine tress perfectly...

Or this since we have a lot of Alder stands that I end up taking a hide spot in.

Sorry if this has been brought up before my search didn't find anything.
Wondering if you have any pics...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.