Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't have much spare cash (none at all, actually), and I really really like making stuff without spending money. I have somewhere around 50 Nerf guns that I've got from thrift stores and rummage sales, and since I was 10 I've been taking them apart and modding them. It's addictive. So I want to translate that into airsoft, and deck out guns and as well as I can without spending money. So, I look at stuff like the teflon mod, LRB, DIY barrel spacers, or homemade suppressors the same way a homeless guy would look at a $100 bill on the ground.

So what's out there? I've made a suppressor for my C02 nbb, it's a cool thing, it actually works, I've made a suppressor for the VSR that I haven't bought yet, and I made a PVC M203 for an M4 that I'll likely never have (I also will probably never buy grenades).

I love the LRB, so what if you made a LRB with a ported muzzle? Like, drill a hole in the bottom of the muzzle. In my experience with Nerf guns, a ported barrel can help minimize excess pressure at the muzzle, which then stabilizes the dart quite a bit. Does that same principle apply to airsoft? (DIY Crazy Jet?)

Any other possibilities for muzzle devices?

What works best for DIY suppressors? Foam? Baffles? Cloth?

What about pneumatic cloud system machine guns?

Homemade grenades? Distraction devices? Claymores? Mines?

Homemade ghillies, holsters, mag pouches, assorted camo?

DIY stock mods on a VSR? Short barrels, folding stocks?

I have a 3D printer, what can I do with it?

Basically, I want to see what some of y'all have done to keep costs down. Pictures, arguments, whatever ya like.

BTW, anybody want that M203?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, about the ported LRB, my thought was that a ported barrel would be great, so long as the bb doesn't hit the hole. So with a LRB, the bb should be (in theory) rolling and sliding along the top of the barrel, right? So then if you port it on the bottom, you shouldn't have to worry about the bb hitting the hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.