Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone . I am from Croatia and I am new in "Sniper" world. I am playing Airsoft for 1 year and my team need a sniper so I will be doing the job. Of Course I want to do the job properly so I need your help.

I got 2 options (guns are here so I need to pick one of it) :
A&K SR25 - building DMR
Well L96A1 - bolt of course

For a sniper I am looking amazing range and precision.
OK. In my country limit is 505fps for DMR and 605 for Bolt .

Now I have question. How much feet can DMR fully upgraded with quality parts achive ? This is a question not regarding to these 2.

And the other question is about these 2. Which can achive the better range ? I think L96 will do better ,but better ask. If someone can say in feets so it will be clear to understand.

I am greatfull for all help and support. If you know which is better and which can be upgraded with less money,please make any suggestions.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Do a intro post first.
I have known Dmr and BASR that can go up to 400 feet. But that is highly upgraded and too much skills for me.
The L96 could achieve possibly more in your country or place. But you have to remeber which option do you want 1 shot for 3 secs or 3 shots in 1 sec.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Simpa, welcome to the boards, feel free to make an intro post in the intro section so we can get to know you. ;)

Also, both guns can be upgraded and tweaked to perform great, but require a lot of work. Depending on the user/person working on the gun, either may perform better than the other. For instance, one's l96 might not outrange one's DMR, yet another person who has done many more significant mods to his/her 96 will have much better results.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
^He is right. Either can be excellent, it just depends on the amount of work you put in.

I prefer bolt platforms for single-shot performance standards, but if you are able to use full auto (controversial, but I have found that a quick 3-round burst can significantly increase the chances of hitting someone at the extreme ranges of a gun. More fun to use the single-shot, but if you just gotta hit someone, the burst is really nice.), or semi-auto would be a huge benefit (short ranges, mostly, or lots of targets), definitely go with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.