Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In this test i'll be testing different Barrels, Buckings and Hop-up Units. The system i'll be using will be a Wolverine Inferno Gen II with FGL and Balystik regulator. The gun is equiped with a 1-4x scope and a Runcam Scopecam Lite so footage will be uploaded later on. The range I've set up reachs up to about 100m. Ranges are calculated with Google maps so take a +/- 2m deviation. The bb's used will be .32, .4 and .45 all by BLS (BIO)

The setups i'll be testing:

1. Action Army 363mm 6.03 SS barrel (decent crown)+ ML MR HOP 50° (quite high worn in) + (VFC, not quite sure) clear polymer Hop-up Unit + ML Omega nub

2. TNT S+ 245mm 6.04 (Dual Bore) + TNT TR HOP 50° (new) + Maxx Model Me sport + Long nub

3. ESC Works 310mm 5.98 (Dual Bore) + ML MR HOP 50° (new) + Maxx Model Me sport + Short nub

Visual inspection:

The TNT barrel looks the smoothest shortly after the ESC and then by quite a difference the AA was the worst. The TNT was the only one who could benifit from the longer nub of the Maxx and also fit the TR hop while the others couldn't. The ESC barrel couldn't fit barely.
The TNT barrel does also have a small bump in the beginning "to stabilize the bb on the same spot everytime" while the others don't have this feature. The ESC and TNT do have dual bore while the AAConly has a crown. The ESC dual bore is about 10mm deep and about 6,6mm wide, the TNT dual bore is 25mm deep and 6,44mm wide buth is like in grooves while the ESC is just suddenly a bigger bore. There will be pictures added of each setup.

The test:

This part will be updated once all the tests are done. Pictures of the target and footage of the scopecam will be added. I'm also waiting for a nice day to test on so there is minimal influence of external factors. I'm also thinkering of getting a bigger scope for more precise shots on distance. Also all the buckings will be first broken in before the test and the barrels will be cleaned properly. I'll try the figure out the most stable position for my gun and will be measure at different ranges from 25m up to 100m. I'll be doing the tests on assault and dmr class. The output of the joules will be the same with each setup with the bb weight shot for the test. It could take a while for this to be updated...
I'm also eager to try the new 2021 MR Hop for aeg, if they come in stock i'll test them too and add it to this thread.

Quick question, what hardness of bucking would you suggest for DMR in rather cold (Belgian) weather, 450 fps on .2 and I could achieve about 2.8J on .45

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pL2fhbbW9jmTQK9b7

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
For a 2021 MR-hop, I'd guess probably 60° and 70° would both be good to get.

Also, the Action Army SS barrels are not actually stainless, they are some sort of hard brass with a very thick layer of electroplated chromium mixture, or something like it.
They are still my favorite cheap barrel, I prefer them over the older Maple Leaf Crazy Jet due to not oxidizing.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Be interesting to see what the 5.98mm is like. Mine cost me the earth and I lost fps over a AA 6.01mm. To me the AA was way better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be interesting to see what the 5.98mm is like. Mine cost me the earth and I lost fps over a AA 6.01mm. To me the AA was way better.
The ESC works barrel has 5fps less than the AA but the joule output was the same, this with just by changing the barrel everything else was the same, so bucking, hop-up unit, dwell, psi,... The esc is 310mm 5.98 and the AA 363mm 6.03, but the ESC is more like 300mm due to the dual bore.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a 2021 MR-hop, I'd guess probably 60° and 70° would both be good to get.

Also, the Action Army SS barrels are not actually stainless, they are some sort of hard brass with a very thick layer of electroplated chromium mixture, or something like it.
They are still my favorite cheap barrel, I prefer them over the older Maple Leaf Crazy Jet due to not oxidizing.
So the Action Army is like the TNT S+, the TNT is also brass with some electroplated layer on it.

I know 60° now is like 50° with the older material buth how does this compare up to durability?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
They appear to be made of pure silicone rubber, which is usually somewhat squishy and somewhat grippy.
The silicone rubber that you have probably felt on something such as an expensive pot holder is probably 30° for reference.
Silicone is also very wear resistant compared to most other rubbers, so you can get away with more shots.

Recently I have seen some very useful information regarding R-hop and hop up buckings, and it seems that more grippy buckings are more accurate in general as they hold the BB in place right after the nozzle pushes it in while a hard R-hop will let the BB go forward sometimes.
This will give each BB a different amount of backspin, resulting in shot groupings with terrible vertical consistency.
The only way around that is to use heavy BBs with that bucking such as .45g.

I would still suggest the 60° and the 70° for your testing, but you could use whichever one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They appear to be made of pure silicone rubber, which is usually somewhat squishy and somewhat grippy.
The silicone rubber that you have probably felt on something such as an expensive pot holder is probably 30° for reference.
Silicone is also very wear resistant compared to most other rubbers, so you can get away with more shots.

Recently I have seen some very useful information regarding R-hop and hop up buckings, and it seems that more grippy buckings are more accurate in general as they hold the BB in place right after the nozzle pushes it in while a hard R-hop will let the BB go forward sometimes.
This will give each BB a different amount of backspin, resulting in shot groupings with terrible vertical consistency.
The only way around that is to use heavy BBs with that bucking such as .45g.

I would still suggest the 60° and the 70° for your testing, but you could use whichever one.
Isn't it better to get the 50°, it's a cheap piece to replace and it will give me the extra performance and less trouble in colder weather?

Also a quick update, it's far too windy over here I tried to give everything a quick test but everything was flying way off after 30m. After another quick inspection I noticed the allignement was slightly shifted to the left with the Maxx. Is there any way to fix this, the c clip is solid and can't adjust it to make it center. Are there any good c clips not as tight to adjust it but still solid enough?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I think that it would be best to buy
50°
60°
70°
75°
80°

But that would be expensive and you would probably only like 2 of them.

Then 50° is probably too soft to seal very well, but it's worth a shot

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Quick update, after some nozzle allignement issues here's a test video.
The system was the inferno gen 2 with .32 @ 1.3j with the ESC barrel and mr hop range was about 65m.
video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hm26wokM9kPfNA5fKTAynaEpJl7T4rbE/view?usp=sharing

Also tested it quick at DMR rules, same setup only difference is .45 @2.4j tank was running low so i was dropping joules at the end.
video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PeZ0oDbE5QzUAC1CaieAGKXw4CNX-_cg/view?usp=sharing

Note: I had to counter the wind by canting my gun slightly also need to center my hop slightly better i think. But when everything was aligned it quite good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has been a long time but i've got some results.
So the setup, Inferno Gen 2, Maxx hop up unit with the long nub, tr hop 50°, TNT S+ 247mm
The gun is shooting 1.16J with .32 BLS
The target is 200x300mm so about head size, the range of the target is 50m calculated with google maps.
I was just sitting on the ground and holding the gun so no special support to make the gun steady when shooting.
Make your own conclusion i would say...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts