Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

DMR Buidling - Help Needed

4539 Views 40 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  uller
OK guys.. I just bought an DMR for like 250euros ~ 350 $ . I bought it from my friend which did some upgrades. But Off course thats not all so I am asking you all know.. Here is the "Config"

A&K SR - 25 Full Metal
5KU Air Seal Nozzle for SR-25 series AEG
SR25 Extensive Tappet Plate
Element Hop Up Cushion for AEG
Lonex Hop Up Rubber (70 degrees)
Modify Spring - S150+
Battery 9.6 V ; 4200 mAh ; Dean Conectors
I have optic so thats not needed.

All othes is STOCK !

So it has about 450~500 FPS

Now I am wondering what else should I upgrade ? Or what to change ? And off course I am interesting in current condition,with BB-s . Shall I use 0.36g or 0.43g for this configuration. Off course when I choose to upgrade more I will use 0.43 g for best performance.

In my country its allowed ~505fps and only semi -auto. So take care of that when you put some tips or anything else.
Please give me some advice because I am new in sniper world :)

And off course,from DMR I want RANGE as primary role . If you know what I mean :) Thx !
1 - 13 of 41 Posts
I read it...But it doesn't say exactly what parts to buy. I am looking for advice..But I will try there ..
Ok m8 I will try to bust up stock parts and then I will come back with results.
Thx a lot bro.... I try to do most of stuff you said and I saw that tutorials that you linked me. They are full of information I need so thanks for that. I will check link above,the tutorial and I hope I will manage my SR to work good. All I need Is range . As much i can get . Of course all want that from his/her DMR or sniper.

Also if you know what kind of BB-s I shall use ?
0.36 or 0.43g ? I have spring that says in 1post of the thread.
Its about 450-500 fps. Somewhere in there. So what is your suggestion ? thx : )
Ok as all you guys said to me I am going to accept all of your advices. I will do stuff with some stock upgrades and in future I will want some upgrades.

here is the list I and my friend get .Its not a high budget ,so we are consider this list is ok(with current configuration)

A&K SR - 25 Full Metal

5KU Air Seal Nozzle for SR-25 series AEG - special for SR25

SR25 Extensive Tappet Plate - special for SR25

Element Hop Up Cushion for AEG

Lonex Hop Up Rubber (70 degrees)

Modify Spring - S150+

Motor - JG Replacement High Torque Long Axis Motor (18000 RPM)-M42

Spring Guide - Systema Area 1000 Spring Guide for Ver II Gearbox - 10.50$

Piston - Guarder Full Teeth Polycarbonate Piston for Marui AEG Series - 16$

Piston Head (with bearings and spacer)- Systema Aluminum Piston Head with Bearing for All AEG -22$

Cylinder -Systema ENERGY Cylinder TYPE-0- 15$

Cylinder Head -Systema ENERGY Cylinder Head for Ver. 2 AEG- 21$

Gear Set - SHS High Speed All Steel Gear Set for SR25 AEG
- 17.99$

ThightBarrel 509mm (6.04)- Madbull 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel for AEG (509mm) - 39.99$

Shims - MAG Stainless Steel Precision Shim Set - 5$

Battery 9,6 V , 4200mAh , Dean Connector

Parst which dont have a price are ALREADY in the gearbox installed by previous owner !

here is The list . This all cost 130$ with shipping to my country ! So i have that kind of budget and I would like that you guys give me an advice for me.

Is this configuration good ? And I have a question with cylinder.
Will this systema cylinder work with V2. gearbox in SR25. It has long type of gearbox but I think it will ,I just need a confirmation.

Guys please give some advice,I really need this. I am going to do all uprgrades on stock parts as much as I can but As I said I will need some uprades later. From my SR i want range and precision ,about 460-505fps not more. Thx very much !
See less See more
Thx Metallica,but what piston do you suggest and piston head ?
If you can give me an advice... Thx
I don get that ER-hop from HS5 . Can you explain please beacause really I dont Understand .

And here is the updated list,since I am not spending too much money on my first DMR !

A&K SR - 25 Full Metal

5KU Air Seal Nozzle for SR-25 series AEG - special for SR25 - /installed

SR25 Extensive Tappet Plate - special for SR25 - / installed

Element Hop Up Cushion for AEG - / installed

Lonex Hop Up Rubber (70 degrees) - / installed

Modify Spring - S150+ /installed

Motor - JG Replacement High Torque Long Axis Motor (18000 RPM)-M42 /installed

Spring Guide - Systema Area 1000 Spring Guide for Ver II Gearbox - 10.50$

Piston - SHS Full Steel 19 Teeth Piston for ARMY R85 Series - 10 $

Piston&Cylinder Head - Element Silent Head Set for Gearbox Ver.2 - 10$

Cylinder - stock /any suggestion will be great ! There is a special for SR25 / installed

Gear Set - SHS High Speed All Steel Gear Set for SR25 AEG
- 17.99$

ThightBarrel 509mm (6.04)- Madbull 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel for AEG (509mm) - 39.99$

Shims - MAG Stainless Steel Precision Shim Set - 5$

Battery 9,6 V , 4200mAh , Dean Connector / installed

I will do the shimming and polishing in a few days with a stock cylinder. Any suggestion on cylinder will be great :) Thx for help !
See less See more
Up there you said that I dont use Alluminium Piston head..
can you give me the exact piston and cylinder head which you will use on my place ? Please
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/shs-high-speed-gear-full-tune-up-set-for-sr-25-aeg-7-teeth-piston.html

Guys i got the thing with HS5 hop,I will make one on my own I searched the forum and fin some great ideas. I will do something. And now the question about this set. Can you check it and see if it OK with my SR25 . It doesn't cost too much and it's all I need. Except barrel of course. I will do sorbo pads from "mouse pad" Got that idia from "vindi" Thx !: ) I think I will manage good AOE with sorbo and this piston,because the stock piston has 19 teeth instead of 15 teeth that SHS provide. I am considering to buy this package and SHS 19 full stell teeth piston.

give advice ! Thanx
Oki metallica.. And what about that set I linked ? Is it ok ? I mean what you think :?
Ok guys. First of all thx everyone for help. And I decided among all advices from you guys and from guys over here in Croatia.

I bought "SHS Full Steel 19 Teeth Piston for ARMY R85 Series" and "Silent head set (piston&cilinder head) with some metal shims and greaves for good working of gearbox. I will use all other stock parts expect those which are already exchanged.

I will polish and shim as much I can. Fit the new piston ,make some sorbo pads (from mouse pad) and use 0.36g bbs. I will be done in a few days I hope so I will be posting the results.

My next upgrade will be the gears "SHS" and the "Madbull 509mm,6.04 " barrel. But that I will buy when I collect some more money. For now just this and I hope it will give good result with my knowledge and vindies tutorial of making a long range AEG.

Thx :)
Aham....I got what you said....Hmm....Ok...I better listen to you if I dont want my gearbox cracked....pff
1 - 13 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.