Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm stuck between being a DM or Sniper. I will give you a loadout and maybe you guys have some pointers for me?

Condor Outdoor MOLLE Single Kangaroo Magazine Pouch ( OD ) x2

Condor Outdoor MOLLE Rip-Away EMT Pouch ( OD )

Condor Outdoor Gen II Battle Belt Medium (OD)

Condor Outdoor MOLLE H Harness ( OD )

Condor Outdoor MOLLE Gadget Pouch ( OD )

Condor Outdoor MOLLE EMT Glove Pouch ( OD )

Condor Outdoor Riggers Belt ( M / L , OD )

So should I do a DMR or Sniper? Is this loadout for either? I'm very quite and sneaky but I love being medic and Snipers aren't good medics because they are playing two key positions. Should I role DMR so I can do a bit of both? I'm very quite and can wait for a hour plus to just take a shot.

Thanks,
Fixing

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Your loadout doesn't really determine much all by itself, it's your playstyle that matters.

I'd say that judging by your description go with the DM playstyle, it's much better when combined with a medic role. Snipers aren't medics generally (although anything goes at some games, last week I was sniper, squad leader and engineer at the same time :shrug:).

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The kit shouldn't determine the rifle you use. The rifle should determine the kit you use.
First off I think if you are going to take up the role of a sniper or designated marksman, you should ditch the role of medic. If you are a DM, your squad will need you to be on point or around the enemy's flank. If you are a sniper, you will want to be on your own or with a spotter taking out key enemy players like squad leaders, SAW gunners, enemy snipers, or on recon reporting what you see back to your squad or command. Neither of these roles allow you to be in the middle of a squad which is where the medic should be.
Then it's about deciding which role suits you best. If you would rather move about more and wear standard gear like uniforms and plate carriers etc, then the DM role would be more your thing. However if you would rather be the slow, silent type, then concealment becomes a greater issue. Then you need to consider ghillie suits and other forms of camouflaging yourself. Now there is nothing to say you can't use a DM rifle as a sniper. But as a sniper, that won't allow you to move around any more than if you had a BASR. Likewise, as a DM, you couldn't use a BASR because the obvious lack of fire it can provide in a fire fight.
Does this help at all?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Seems like your first time. You can dress whoever you want and what you want. You can just wear tan cargo pants and a gray hoodie and still play dmr/sniper role. lots of info on the forums for you to check out so take your time I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like your first time. You can dress whoever you want and what you want. You can just wear tan cargo pants and a gray hoodie and still play dmr/sniper role. lots of info on the forums for you to check out so take your time I guess.
No I just have no experience with a DMR at all. I have played a year and full auto aegs aren't my cup of tea. I just have no clue how to start building a DMR. I want a base AR-15 platform and also I'm a broke student. I'm comfortable messing around inside sniper and pistols, but my ak is different, but I do all the tech by myself and my ak has worked without needing a fix for a year. I should probably mention I don't own a sniper based on what I said earlier.

Thanks,
Fixing

·
Registered
39 Posts
If i could do it all over, when i became tired of full autos, i think i would find a good single shot shotgun. It requires the play style i wanted to do and is cool to boot. I bought a gas sniper and now have about 1500 into it, but i really just wish i got one of the caw ATS shotguns when they were still around. (I have a wanted add for one, ha)

·
Registered
339 Posts
And we had such high hopes for you, Chrom....

·
Registered
414 Posts
The last thing a team wants is a medic hiding somewhere. You need to be close and in contact with that role.

Rather than building a rifle buy yourself a radio and learn how to scout. The role of scout is something any decent sniper should have figured out; including how to accurately report intel, direct friendly troops and move into position without detection.

Grant

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haha, well i guess all my early days in cod 1 and 2 with the bolt actions and iron sites, hopping around smg players and snap shots has stayed with me. I get the feeling you guys dislike the whole, accurate, decent ranged shotgun idea, and im not suggesting making a sniper shotgun by any means, its just a different way to play. ATS is nice plastic and must be so light.. My rifle has got to weigh 10-12 pounds.

Sorry for the off topic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The last thing a team wants is a medic hiding somewhere. You need to be close and in contact with that role.

Rather than building a rifle buy yourself a radio and learn how to scout. The role of scout is something any decent sniper should have figured out; including how to accurately report intel, direct friendly troops and move into position without detection.

Grant
Medics aren't scouts either personally I would only have a radio for my spotter. I am going to probably be a squad sniper so thanks for all advice. I play at D14 where there medic is assigned each day. I will find I spot for the medic patch on my spotter if we play two man squads. Which at ops isn't going to happen but on any day except two per year we can just ask a admin. For a radio my medic will report to a squad or commander if there is one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts