Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might well know, I'm on the prowl to build a DMR. I really love the look of the SR-25, so I was thinking that would be the platform I'd get down on.

That being said, from the write-ups I've dug up lately, it seems the G&P is the preferred, the CA in the middle, and the A&K is the low-end. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Also, I understand the G&P has the v2.5 gearbox. Does that still come with it? I'm about to email them in hopes for an answer, but figured I'd talk to you guys first before emailing some guy in a factory in Asia (or wherever they're located).

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't know much about SR-25s but I do know the G&P is the top dog. I shot a stock CA and an upgraded A&k. I saw little to no difference, so I can only assume a stock A&K isn't as good as the CA.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
As I only own a CA25 and have only shot a G&G GR25, I can't tell you about the other two in terms of quality. What I can tell you is the CA, G&P, and A&K all use the same elongated V2 gearbox deemed the V2.5. The only one, which is different is the G&G, which uses a standard V2 gearbox, with an elongated air nozzle and a slightly modified gearbox external housing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, how does this look insofar as a starting platform? (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_G_P_G_P_SR_25_Sniper_Magpul_PTS.htm)

When you look, also click the "See All Upgrade Options" and look at the upgrades they will preinstall. Is that worth the $150 extra, or should I choose the parts myself and install them? I don't mind doing it, but it'd be nice to have some work already done if you guys think that it's worth it. I'm just not much of a judge on the cost-effectiveness of this kinda stuff yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.