Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm thinking of starting a DMR project. I was thinking of using G&P Magpul pts as the base gun. My reason behind this is because It already has solid internals but I'm Still planing on upgrading it. And for externals i was thinking a 12inch RIS and a 18inch outer barrel. And for the stock i was thinking a UBR stock i know the PRS is more of a sniper stock but i don't like it. So I would love to know some Ideas and suggestions. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
robviously you were not part of the old forum.... or at least didn't troll like me, without a name. AoE is Angle of Engagement; you want your sector gear to come in contact with the first(or last, depending on Angle of Viewing ;-)) tooth on your piston at 12 o'clock Greenwich mean time, ya dig? get your barrel to be perfect, no movement in any direction. If you are using a version 2 gearbox radius the cylinder opening corners. You also want that hop up shimed and perfected(floss down that bucking after removal of inner ring, maybe the hop nub as well if your going to rock the r-hop). Do not forget to teflon the cylinder head, strech the piston "o" ring, lube everything with the right stuff, adjust the front of the selector and air seal nozzle, make sure the nozzle is "o" ringed or make it so(as in star trek...) and for the love of god make a mosfet and get a lipo!

maybe someone sent you a pm with a link if not....

from the old abode

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Here, Zinc, I made your post more acceptable: ;)

AoE is Angle of Engagement; you want your sector gear to come in contact with the first(or last, depending on Angle of Viewing) tooth on your piston. get your barrel to be perfect, no movement in any direction. If you are using a version 2 gearbox radius the cylinder opening corners. You also want that hop up shimed and perfected(floss down that bucking after removal of inner ring, maybe the hop nub as well if your going to rock the r-hop). Do not forget to teflon the cylinder head, strech the piston "o" ring, lube and cover everything with the right stuff, adjust the front of the selector and air seal nozzle, make sure the nozzle is "o" ringed and make a mosfet and get a lipo.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Internals make the DMR, not externals.

What are you looking for it to shoot? What is the limits at the field you play? How much money?
Felix is right.Before you go any further you really need to come up with some goals for your build.It seems to me that prohaps you havent had much experience working on guns.My advice is keep it simple to start with.Like Cheese said work on the guns accuracy first.Here is a really good guide for tuning your hopup:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/my-guide-fine-tuning-hop-up-33545/

Here is another on opening your GB up for the first time:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forum...nners-guide-opening-gearbox-first-time-32341/

Dont worry so much about performance at this stage of the game,focus on reliability,and accuracy.After you get the hopup tuned to perfection,start ussing either .25's or .28's to aid you in accuracy.You will notice a difference between ..2's and .25's,it starts getting more pronounced as you go up in bb weight.If you have any other questions will be right here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.