Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a replica of SR25 produced by G&G and I give a link to the replica. I'm generally new to airsoft and replica modification. I want to ask you what you think about it, do you have any feedback? I also need advice and guidance on how to turn it into a good DMR, what needs to be changed and what is more important to replace first. In my country, the power limit is 2.5 joules.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
SHS motor. SHS Piston with full steel teeth. M160 spring. 100:200 Higher torque gears. You may also want a 6.01mm inner barrel. Also get a Well Brace Lock (Not sure if this will work with the G&G but I am pretty sure you can make some mods for it to work). Use 0.4gm-0.43gm bb's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Keep in mind, that the G&G SR25 uses a standard V2 gearbox with a longer nozzle, rather than a full size v2.5 garbox, found in most SR25 replicas.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Assuming you mean semi auto I'd go for a 22TPA high torque motor such as SHS, ZCI, full steel teeth piston, and some sort of mosfet to help with trigger response. I'm of the opinion that a super tightbore barrel requires more constant cleaning than I'd like to deal with, so I'd go for 6.02 or 6.03.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Agreed with you on the 22TPA. But SHS is only 18TPA. The ZCI would be better.
6.01mm does not need cleaning very much as all. In fact I am slack as the amount of times I clean mine and they stay accurate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi again, I have few question if you can answer me it will be good and I will be very thankful.
1. My first question is for the motor which you say, I think SHS is a brand of a motor, but this which i don't understand is 22TPA(TurnsPer?), maybe that is 22000RPM ?
2. Another one is this ZCI maybe and this is a brand of a motors ?
3. How to understand what type (short or long) motor use this replica which I buy ?
4. If I want to replace my gears, how to understand which gear I must to buy I see in sites have many brand of gears with different ratio gear, how to choose which one will be compatible with my replica, and how to chooose correct retio set between 18:1 / 16:1 / 20:81 / 10:44 ?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
1. TPA is Turn Per Armature. The more turns the higher torque the motor will be but the less speed. The lower the TPA, the less torque but more speed.
2. ZCI is a brand of motor. 22TPA would be better for the higher joule rate.
3. You need a long motor for a V2 gearbox (This is what your rifle has). The shaft is longer.
4. Don't bother with the expensive brand gears. They are a rip off and not value for money. SHS gears are cheap and normally really good.
Gear ratios normally have a bigger number first and then a smaller number last. The lower the first number the faster the gear will be but the less torque. In the link you have given, they have mentioned only the first number. So 10.44 is actually 10.44:1, and 20.16 is 20.16:1.
At 2.5 joules you will need a fair amount of torque. You really need a ratio around 23:1 or 24:1. The highest ratio in the picture was only 20.81 which is most likely passable but not ideal.
10:1 = 10:1 Fastest
13:1 = 13:1
14:1 = 14:1
16:1 = 16:1
18:1 = 18:1 Stock Standard
100:200 = 23.78:1 (What you need)
100:300 = 26.42:1
32:1 = 32:1 Highest torque

·
Registered
52 Posts
1tonnes info is perfect. If i was building a V2 DMR that exactly what I would do.

You could however get away with 18:1 gears - SHS motor and a massive 11.1v lipo.
When I say massive I mean something that is over 1800mah and around 30-50c discharge. You'll get plenty of power so still retain a decent cycle speed. Though you will probably kill the stock gear set pretty fast - so preventive upgrading to 1tonne 100:200 would be ideal. But just thought it was worth noting you don't necessarily have to drop everything at once.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First very thank you for the explanations on evеryone so, if I understand you correctly if motor have more TPA then the torque will be more but the speed of motor will be smaller, if TPA is smaller then the torque will be small but motor will spin faster. And I need with gears with ratio of 100:200, so I found this in internet (the down picture) can you confirm me or tell me is will be good and compatible with my rifle and gearbox.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
You are correct on the TPA and the gears.
Just remember that on some websites they call 100:200 by just a single number. So they may say it has a ratio of 23.78 or something like that.
This ratio does not have standard teeth. They are on an angle. This is called helical. These can be harder to shim than normal gears but when done correctly, they should be quiet.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
It uses a V2 gearbox but an extra long hopup system. So I am not sure. It looks like there is room for a V2.5 but you would need someone to confirm it. Try googling G&G SR25 gearbox compatiblilty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
edit: I was watching a cyma sr 25. it has a longer gearbox with a longer cylinder, but its a nonstandard one. The geargbox should be very sturdy, but since it is non standard it wont fit a retroarms shell or an hpa engine :(

The A&K model looks much cheaper on the fotos (and is cheaper).

·
Registered
538 Posts
I assume its not possible to install a V2.5 Gearbox in the G&G SR 25 to get the larger airvolume?
If you already have a gun with a v2 your only real option for more volume is a bore kit like so:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have no aeg atm.

I am looking to buy one to build a great dmr. But I havent found the optimal base modell jet. It shall be sturdy, have a large airvolume, be compatible to lots of aftermarket parts and have a larger caliber to fit the dmr requirements.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,256 Posts
I have no aeg atm.

I am looking to buy one to build a great dmr. But I havent found the optimal base modell jet. It shall be sturdy, have a large airvolume, be compatible to lots of aftermarket parts and have a larger caliber to fit the dmr requirements.
Maybe HPA something?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts