Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So went out to one of our more awesome local events, All Out War 4. Game starts at midnight and runs till the objectives are done the next day.

After assessing the terrain and the fact that it's mostly overrun forest paths with dense underbrush (and few long fire lanes) decided to run it with my squad and the ACR DMR rather than the Blaser.

After an hour of painstaking maneuvering and back and forth between my squad and another enemy one, we finally get to our point as our team launches a 3 sided attack on the enemy base. Problem is, this is their main spawnpoint per the scenario rules. So in this game, you can be medicked twice before you need to go to respawn (or fall back to CASEEVAC coords a few hundred feet back from a fire zone, given to you by your team XO or CO by radio).

So we have anywhere between 10-15 hardened defenders with a fire team or two of support around their base- vs our three Fire Squads- 15 -20 guys. On 3 sides. And the enemy has to re-spawn from behind their base (maybe 50 feet?).

So basically due to an unusual set up and approach to our rules and an accident of location... all of a sudden, the OPFOR has to re-spawn, walk back a few feet, wait a few minutes- but come back in to play. So think endless hordes. Basically, I hang back and space out my team in a loose wide circle, and go prone to provide cover and take targets of opportunity, as the squad slowly tries to advance from cover to cover, for the final CQB assault on the base.

For the next entire hour, I proceeded to demolish and/or headshot at least, at last count, 35 confirmed hits (I am saying confirmed as in called their own hit, I'm ignoring some of the guys that would ignore a shot or two on their helmets (to be fair, it was super loud and it's not like they could feel it), until a short or not so short burst to the goggles would remind them that they were indeed hit). Technically it seemed like I was killing the same 8 guys over and over and over... and you could tell they were getting ticked off.

By the time the game was called, I had run through 3 highcaps and two midcaps and was down to the last mid. :D The extra range of the DMR and .25s gave me just enough extra reach and a bit of punch through the foliage. The regular riflemen fell short, range-wise- plus shooting from a well lit clearing into the dark forest, well.. :D But both sides gave it all they had for sure!

Of course, not all went well- I was the first one hit from my squad at the beginning of the game- and when I got medicked, I promptly got shot in the balls by the same dude as I was trying to slide on my back to get to cover, but overall, it could have gone a LOT worse.

In the end, because of the rules the game ended up being called a draw, as there was no easy clear way for either side to win it, objectively, without resetting the scenario- so we learned something today. :)

By far happy with the day personally. :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Oh oh! We had to field-service my gun, and the tech did not tell me her turned off my hopup. The nest nice chest shot fell a bit low, and caught my target in the sugar lumps.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Part of it was suppressive fire to cover my teammate's advances.

The other part was that I had a few folks forget to, ahem, call themselves out after a couple of pops to the head. Full auto face fulls of BBS was used to remind these folks of the rules of the game. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.