Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No but really. What are the advantages of having a one piece hard piston over a soft one with a rubber head? And can anyone attest to the quality of a PDI hard piston for type 96? the only review on airsoft atlanta says that they are terrible and I dont want to base my decision on one person's bad experience.

This whole post is based on the fact that I realized I could literally see around my piston into my cylinder, so Im looking for a higher quality one with a better seal. I currently have an Angel Custom piston and the accompanying piston head from evike in my gun.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't know about the PDI piston because I have never had one before, but I prefer a hard piston. As with every piston, to get a god airseal you need a good o ring. A good ported metal piston with a well lubed (I personally love classic army cylinder grease) thick o ring is hard to beat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I imagine a harder piston would be able to withstand greater pressure and stress, allowing for hotter set-ups. Not that that's necessarily what everyone is interested in getting, but it would still be useful regardless of the conditions it would be put into. Cheese is right in that air seal is important too. No amount of strength and durability will help if your seal isn't tight enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.