Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal, Here in Ireland as I'm sure everywhere else (it's winter after all), the fields are still green but there is alot more brown and tans. I've seen some pics where Multicam seems to work but I'm not sure. I actually have a almost identical Multicam uniform called Camogrom which is made by Helikon-Tex. Please check it out.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
296 Posts
MC does work - where it works. Its a general camo - its ok most places.

However have you considered a jackpyke LLCS suit?

I finally got to wear mine last weekend and I had about 4 or 5 people say how well it worked at concealing me. Great if there are a lot of leaves on the ground. They do a green version too.

I wore it over some waterproof trousers and my gortex jacket. Its very light weight and doesn't fill up with water like a ghillie.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have seen it but:
1: Ireland isnt as brown as that field (some call Ireland the "Emerald Isle" though I would argue that)
2: I already have a home made ghillie suit which works perfectly for me
3: I personally prefere the look of ghillie suits
4: The sites here are mostly grass not leaves. Though that suit would most likely work at the moment, it wont work in spring and summer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't seen anything in play that I thought worked as well as a Ghillie does, properly tuned to the area of course.
A Ghillie conceals by breaking up the outline of the person, and a wrap helps disguise the shape of the weapon.
A BDU under the Ghillie might also help, but I have no problem at all spotting people in clothes.
Just look at the ones in those pictures. They stick out like sore thumbs to me.
Same-o, same-o on the airsoft terrain. :shrug:

·
Registered
296 Posts
No disagreement from me that a ghillie is the best concealment option but its heavy when wet and thus I think I will stick with the LLCS in the winter.

I actually lived in Limerick for a 10 or so months and the woods near there had a lot of leaves on the ground (similar to where I now live) which is why I suggested it. Maybe the woods on the east coast are a bit different I haven't been there much. :)

If your site is fields and grass won't work so well of course.

The suit does break up your outline surprisingly well (not as good a a ghillie of course) and blends in really well with the leaves and trees and bushes when are brown.

My local area (south of England)looks like this:

That was about spring/summer. Once its winter and the green leaves go you're left with a lot of brown.

I was looking for a better image of the green one but the best I can find is this one, which is good but small:

From here:
http://www.gunmart.net/accessories_review/jack_pyke_english_woodland_llcs_suit/

Just a light weight option if you don't want to wear a ghillie. You can add elastic bands to your webbing and put in natural camo as well - thats what Bushman from the Silent Hunters youtube videos does. He just bought the green suit to go with the brown.

I bought mine on his recommendation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.