Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I bought an action army piston and a z trigger, and I finally tried using them after having them sit for ages. This is the exact item that I bought:

"This piston is designed for rifles using the original trigger mechanism" is what the sales page says.

Okay that's fine, but where can I find a 90 degree action army piston for my 90 degree Z trigger? Because as far as I know they all look exactly the same and the store page doesn't clarify the difference between them. As of right now I have the piston from that web link in my Well mb05 with a aftermarket metal triggerbox, but I'd much rather use my Z trigger instead. I don't care if it's action army, I just want a 90 degree piston and I don't know where to look.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read this, any and all information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I recall scrolling around and not seeing a 90° APS2 piston and only a 45°, while I would see a 90° APS2 trigger, and I thought that was rather annoying.

I think that they must make it, but retailers don't know shit and don't stock them I'd imagine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recall scrolling around and not seeing a 90° APS2 piston and only a 45°, while I would see a 90° APS2 trigger, and I thought that was rather annoying.

I think that they must make it, but retailers don't know shit and don't stock them I'd imagine.
Right? It's super frustrating. My friend is on the VSR 10 platform and his action army Z trigger came with the 90 degree piston, I wish the type 96 one did the same

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,544 Posts
I've no idea why they would make a 45 degree aps2 piston. If I am not misremembering then APS2 uses exclusively 90 degree triggers.
Trigger Gun barrel Auto part Gun accessory Font

Stock 90 degree trigger ^^^
There should be no 45 degree pistons and only 90 degree ones, which seems to be confirmed by scanning through google images.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,544 Posts
Oh is that right? Perhaps I am mistaken then. I assumed it was similar to that of the VSR 10 platform? Interesting.
APS2 is in some respects a better design than the VSR10. It comes stock with a 90 degree trigger. Unfortunately it is a pretty bad piston.
I know some L96 derivatives do have a 45 degree trigger but that is because they are not pure APS2.
The TM L96 is not APS2 and does come with a 45 degree trigger because TM is bad at triggers.
APS2 is based of an initial design by Maruzen who built most of their rifles with 90 degree triggers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
APS2 is in some respects a better design than the VSR10. It comes stock with a 90 degree trigger. Unfortunately it is a pretty bad piston.
I know some L96 derivatives do have a 45 degree trigger but that is because they are not pure APS2.
The TM L96 is not APS2 and does come with a 45 degree trigger because TM is bad at triggers.
APS2 is based of an initial design by Maruzen who built most of their rifles with 90 degree triggers.
I see, yeah I know my rifle is a true aps2 system, and I already have the action army piston installed. Thank you very much for clarifying this, I guess the thing that threw me off the most was AirsoftGi's description, because it had the implication that the stock trigger was different than a z trigger in regards to what pistons were compatible. Sweet! Good to know.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've no idea why they would make a 45 degree aps2 piston. If I am not misremembering then APS2 uses exclusively 90 degree triggers.
View attachment 20756
Stock 90 degree trigger ^^^
There should be no 45 degree pistons and only 90 degree ones, which seems to be confirmed by scanning through google images.
Correct 99% of stock and aftermarket is 90° only Asg use a 45° trigger and piston in the asg aw .308, but it takes all aftermarket 90° parts fine even just a replacement sear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts