Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys say to something like this?

Would have to find a cheap rifle, below $50 at least. And then only using home mods and what not seeing what we can come up with.

Would be something fun to do in the down time and what not.

Everyone would have to start off with the same weapon, no if ands or butts. That way we are all starting on the same foot.

I am going to be doing some searching for some really cheap, crappy looking rifles. Will add to post when I find some.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm definitely down for this. I've been waiting a long time to do another one of these builds. My vote is always for the bar 10

I don't think it should be an aeg though, because MOST people on the boards use and are familiar ba's.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that would make it better to have an AEG

But I am looking and seeing what I can find. I am looking for an off the wall weird looking rifle. Something that most people haven't seen and don't use. And the Bar10 would be FAR to easy ;)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I would be in but I need money for my current project.

However, Bar 10 is too easy, like woogie said. Need something different.

Something that is not a total POS but something that definitely needs work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wouldn't want to do an AEG. Too many moving parts for me to feel like messing with.

If I do a cheap spring, I have a fun indoor, or secondary weapon...who knows?

I agree, the DE's look pretty goofy, might be what we want.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is what I was thinking.

I am trying to find some LPEG's or something like that. Was hoping to find the BE SL9 rifles

If you guys have any ideas, post them. We can all decide on what to do. Or we can have a price limit as well. But starting with the same weapons would be more fun

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, that and they usually don't have a lot of them.

Was looking and trying to find something that is around the $30 or so, and have a few of them in stock. I was trying to find a gen 1 UTG 324

Order them, and then go from there
But yeah, nothing to expensive, as I have to upgrade the TM a bit ;)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I saw an F2000 looking "sniper" that was bolt action (like an a&k dragnov bolt not an m40 or anything) for like 50 dollars on pyrimid airsoft. It was supposedly 450fps.

Edit, found it and it is only 25 dollars. http://www.pyramidairsoft.com/ProductDetails1.aspx?productID=2631

Edit edit, I was mixing it up with another gun, this one only shoots 370 with .12g. I did see however, a few years ago a similar looking gun for 50 dollars shooting the 450.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure if that gun is upgradeable. I see screws but I can't tell if they lead to anything important. Otherwise that looks like a good starting base to me. And if you are considering shotguns then: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_181&products_id=7707
It has screws and looks upgradeable. It's $28.99. I've been searching for a good gun for this and that's all i can come up with so i guess i'll be signing out on this conversation until you decide on a starting gun.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
If that shotgun is anything like the UTG in terms of take down, good luck.

I do like the shotgun concept though, how to make a silent shotgun.
Who can make it the most deadly in terms of silence? Assuming take down is not heart surgery.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.