Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't laugh. Agm vsr10 upgrading.

Okay so I know my gun isn't the best. It isn't even here yet. But I'm looking to improve it. This is my first sniper and I'm looking to get my feet wet.(don't wanna mess up a good gun). So I'm trying to take a cost effective approach to upgrading this gun to around 500 fps. I've heard that parts of this gun are aps2 other parts are standard vsr10 parts. Any HELPFUL insight is greatly appreciated as I'm a newb to taking apart guns....

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. Thanks for the insight and advice guys... I've managed to talk to the infamous Ed, from edgi. A full kit plus shipping is gonna run me 270. But it does not come with the replacement cylinder and cylinder head. I'm also looking at the spo2 spring. I know I need a zero trigger( I thank God the entire trigger system is vsr10 compatible) to handle the upgraded spring. What I don't know is if I NEED the new cylinder & head. Will a stock one do? To take a guess I'd say the new cylinder would improve compression, increasing fps.

sent from my bad A android.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Personally, I would ask Ed about the cylinder and cylinder head compatibility. He should know better than anyone. I'm guessing no one on this forum has responded because they have not had experience with the rifle that you've purchased or they have not seen your post- the prior being more likely.

I've heard that parts of this gun are aps2 other parts are standard vsr10 parts.
If we knew which parts were compatible or if the whole system was Vsr10 then we could better assist you. There's a great risk of giving bad advice due to compatibility issues :shrug:

Reactions: king..kranium

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First and foremost thank you. I've done a good bit of research and its sketchy(guess work) trying to find out what fits and what doesn't, which is why I've tracked down Ed. I guess I was just asking in general if you need a new cylinder to handle upgraded parts.

sent from bad A android.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ah, if that's your question then yes, the stock cylinder can handle the upgrade kit parts. HOWEVER, the SP02 spring runs between 600-650FPS if I can recall correctly. This amount of spring power will cause a high amount of stress to your stock cylinder which will indefinitely decrease it's life expectancy.

I've had stock cylinders break on me and I was running below 550FPS, but this was most likely caused by constant use. Upgrading to higher quality cylinders will help resolve this problem because they are made of stronger materials (i.e. steel.)

If you decide to stick with the stock cylinder then it will work with the SP02 for a while, but it may end up breaking. Will it break? Or when will it break? I can't say for sure. Months? Years? Weeks? Never? Even though they are all machine-made, the quality differs from stock cylinder to stock cylinder so it's quite literally a guessing game as to when it'll work no more.

If you want peace of mind then I would personally upgrade the cylinder. This is of course if you still decide on running an SP02.

The stock cylinder head will do just fine. I've yet to hear of a case of a cylinder head breaking from wear-and-tear. There are upgraded cylinder heads that are available that claim to improve performance such as the Polar Star VSR10 cylinder head. Cylinders don't typically improve performance, but cylinder heads can considerably.

Reactions: king..kranium

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. Well I'm considering getting the edgi upgrade kit. Its gonna cost $270! So I'm debating getting it or buying something else. I'm having trouble with the bolt already. It does not like to push all the way in and you have to force it the last few centimeters . I don't know if this will eventually lead to slam firing or what, but I thinks its because my magazine is slightly damaged ... but I'm sure I can get a bad ass rifle for the 270 it would cost to upgrade my mp001. Any ideas on why I'm having trouble with the bolt?

sent from bad A android.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Your groupings should be alot tighter at 50ft. Have you done any work on the hop up unit? Like shim the hop up arm, change stock bucking? You could also try doing DIY TDC mod to fix right hooking.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope. Been trying to figure out how to mod my hop up to a v shape. Also cannot find good info on how to DIY tdc mod.... help would be appreciated. Btw I was testing foe accuracy. I will see how tight my groupings are in a little while...

·
Registered
384 Posts
What FPS and bb weight were you using in that picture?

Those groupings point to a high FPS and/or light BB's :yup:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I've decided to mod my hop up. I will be filing it momentarily. I've heard that a fang shape with shimming is great, but the v shape is more common... also which part do I shave again???

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Got it. Rifles back in one piece. Only shimmed up the parts in the hop up, and finished my barrel spacer project.Then rezeroed (is that a word?) My scope. Its a little windy today though, so we will see how it shoots tomorrow. today the wind keeps taking them after 40 yards or so...

·
Registered
296 Posts
For sure use heavier bb's. Much more consistent.

Cylinder, cylinder head are low priority upgrades.

Rezeroed a word? Words only have to come into common usage for them to go in the dictionary (in the UK). So as long as people know what it means and start using it you just invented a new word. :)

Is it the stock bucking? You should try an upgraded one, makes a big difference.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally seeing something that resembles accuracy. Lots of tweaking and a few mods. Waiting for like Tuesday to order some new bbs. I don't know if I should get. 30's or .36's . I'm leaning toward the .36 though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.