Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, and obviously i am new to airsoft sniping too,
Currently Im using DBell vsr10, ( i know most of you will say that it's a shitty brand to go with ), i got it used.
I wanna ask does this replica can used AA hopup chamber? ( because one part is broken from the stock hopup base/chamber. I will attach photos if can.
Secondly , will it solve my bb feeding if i change to AA? sometimes the second bb will go through and i can notice that when i find it is hard to push the bolt. lift the mag up then i can see another bb coming in n stuck ( which this will make i can push the bolt forward)

Any advice will be appreciated. I did message the DBell on facebook regarding the stock hopup chamber. Waiting for the reply though.

* i put some epoxy on the rail. photo attached.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,257 Posts
Some of us here actually quite like the double bell vsr10.

As for whether the aa chamber will fit, that largely depends on how old your gun is.

The older guns had a vsr10 Pro sniper spec outer barrel that could fit a aa hopup unit. This was around 30mm wide at the back of the barrel and tapered towards the end.

The newer guns have a weirdly narrow outer barrel that does not taper (ie, it is a straight 'bull barrel'). These are around 25mm wide and do not fit the aa hopup unit.

Basically, check if your barrel tapers toward the end. If it does, the Action Army chamber will fit.

If the barrel is straight, to double check, measure the width of the outer barrel. If it is 25mm, it won't fit the aa chamber, if it is somewhere around 30mm, it probably will.

Check out this thread to see more differences between the old and the new versions of the gun: Double Bell VSR-10 review

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh my i didnt get it correctly the diff between old n new. Can tell by looking at the photos attached?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
People do not know too much about Double Bell. The one that we are weary of is Double Eagle. But even then, Double Eagle is cheap and could still be OK (Plaz is going to do a review on them soon)

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
All Gucci, no problem!

When I reviewed the gun(before I returned it) it wasn't the same one I bought in 2019, and nothing was really compatible besides VSR barrels, buckings, and magazines.

It performed well and I'd recommend it as a birthday or Christmas present to a 8-14 year old, but it's really nothing more than something good for plinking and casual play.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right. Just to confirm, can you measure how wide it is?

based from the photo below its 2.5cm. so it cannot fit AA? due to the newer version?
what hopup chamber/base can fit in? been googling around but still cant find the answer, here got no airsoft shop where i can ask around.
sorry for the late reply ya.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
That's the new one and it definitely won't work.
The standard VSR-10 outer barrel is 30X27mm, and an AA chamber is usually 26.69mm, so that's not an option for you.

What I do suggest that you do these upgrades and modifications to your rifle to make it a bit better.

Wrap Teflon tape around the threads on you cylinder head

Polish your barrel with Brasso, a piece of tissue, and the cleaning rod that came with your gun

And make more barrel spacers, and you should be pretty competitive on the field until something breaks.
I expect that the trigger will be the first thing to go as the cylinder and piston are surprisingly good, but you can get VSR-10 sears and put them in pretty easily if your trigger ever does break.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Is the cylinder the correct size? If it is smaller, it may be worth considering selling it.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,257 Posts
Is the cylinder the correct size? If it is smaller, it may be worth considering selling it.
It is smaller, but uses aluminium cylinder internals so it may last a while. The cylinder itself is steel.
Apparently it has 450 fps stock, with steel 45 degree sears, and a smooth bolt pull.

It can't fit an upgrade hopup chamber. I would try to get a replacement from the original company, and then do a tdc mod.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
If it does have a low volume, then as I said, it may be worth just getting rid of it. It depends on what fps you are aiming for. If you are aiming for high end like 600fps or 3.3 joules then you need another rifle.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The cylinder is extremely nice for what it is, a stainless steel pinned and probably welded or threaded cylinder.
I would be impressed if somebody actually broke one lol.

For power, if you want more than 3J or if you want an easy bolt pull at that power, definitely consider a VSR based platform.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts