Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im currently on a question quest of buying this VSR10 ( or as i heard half vsr10 ) sniper from Double bell on a good deal. The seller says its a good thing ( then again he can say it can shoot to Mars if it means selling it ). Now i would belive him if a friend of mine didnt get one a year ago and the thing is actually really good. Coupd be down to the player being a good one tough. Thing shoots around 3.5J give or take and is really accurate and smooth. Has a aluminium piston, has a 6.03 precision barrel, a flat hop, and some other stuff as well as a alumium piston. Now what worries me is the stuff i read that the Dboys VSR recived some changes making a strange piston that is smaller than the OG TM ones that come in a JG. Now if the thing is durable ( as far the dude that has it uses it every weekend and it works ). I might use it. Probably gonna need some moda for accuarcy tough not neccecery i guess if it works like his. And his now has a new spring doing almost 4J.
Anyways if anybody has a good inside on how this thing works and if he just got lucky or is the gun actually good for a begginer sniper.
Cant find JGs anywhere here for some reason.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I did a review on one last year, and I actually quite liked it, except that it wasn't VSR compatible.

I didn't see it breaking anytime soon though, and even if it did, it was a cheap gun and you'd get more than your money's worth out of it. I say that you buy it, lap the barrel, change the bucking, and give it an SS-nub, and it'll probably be as good as an SSG10 or most other snipers performance wise.
From what I recall, the bolt pull was great and the power was already at like 2.2J out of the box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a review on one last year, and I actually quite liked it, except that it wasn't VSR compatible.

I didn't see it breaking anytime soon though, and even if it did, it was a cheap gun and you'd get more than your money's worth out of it. I say that you buy it, lap the barrel, change the bucking, and give it an SS-nub, and it'll probably be as good as an SSG10 or most other snipers performance wise.
From what I recall, the bolt pull was great and the power was already at like 2.2J out of the box.
Soo you suggest this aint a bad idea for a firsr decent sniper ? Hm. Some of these mods do sound easy except barrel lapping as i dont know what that is.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,544 Posts
Soo you suggest this aint a bad idea for a firsr decent sniper ? Hm. Some of these mods do sound easy except barrel lapping as i dont know what that is.
Polishing the barrel with an abrasive compound until it is better quality.
The thing is, you will probably want to upgrade the rifle at some point, so checking out this recent thread might be a good idea: Airsoft Sniper Rifle - Recommendation

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polishing the barrel with an abrasive compound until it is better quality.
The thing is, you will probably want to upgrade the rifle at some point, so checking out this recent thread might be a good idea: Airsoft Sniper Rifle - Recommendation
Also i have a store in my City that sells the Action Army snipers the T10 and T11.
Now even tough they do look awsome its kinda of a pick between the Double bell being good out the box but with no major upgrades in the future. Waiting for a JG to eventually come in stock and lastly the T11 ( as the T10 is almost 100 bucks more ) that will be really slow out the box and needing upgrades. Then again the T11 does look amazing...

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
The MB03 sucks super bad, it's basically not compatible with normal cylinders or chambers and is generally put together with weak materials.

The T11 is about equal to the Double Bell, but it may or may not need a new piston (US models have a metal one, older worldwide models had plastic) and it will need the same lapping, nub, and bucking swap.
The Double Bell trigger may be a little tougher and I'd be willing to bet that the cylinder is a bit tougher too, and for $50 or so less I'd go for that over the T11. With that $50 you could get more mags and a bucking, or a scope and something else, and you'd generally have the same experience as the T11 but with $50 or so more in your pocket.

Of course you'll want to do DIY stuff like a cylinder sleeve, more barrel spacers, and foam filling in the stock, but you'll want to do that with ANY rifle out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The MB03 sucks super bad, it's basically not compatible with normal cylinders or chambers and is generally put together with weak materials.

The T11 is about equal to the Double Bell, but it may or may not need a new piston (US models have a metal one, older worldwide models had plastic) and it will need the same lapping, nub, and bucking swap.
The Double Bell trigger may be a little tougher and I'd be willing to bet that the cylinder is a bit tougher too, and for $50 or so less I'd go for that over the T11. With that $50 you could get more mags and a bucking, or a scope and something else, and you'd generally have the same experience as the T11 but with $50 or so more in your pocket.

Of course you'll want to do DIY stuff like a cylinder sleeve, more barrel spacers, and foam filling in the stock, but you'll want to do that with ANY rifle out there.
So all in all it leaves to these 2 options:
1-Buy the Double Eagle, do some DIY stuff and have fun untill you get bored and then buy a JG or SSG10 ( for me tough thats alot of cash for a rifle with no scope be it good out the box )
2-Wait for the JG to come from somewhere in stock then fork out some cash for mods and have a good rifle, correct ?

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,544 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts