Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
574 Posts
Honestly with how rough it looks are you sure it's not a manufacturing error?

If it was smooth I could see why someone would think it would aid feeding. Although surely this channel becomes irrelevant the moment you use full auto? I would think a BB doesn't have enough time to centre before it's fired if anything it's just causing additional unintended friction which may mess with the hop settings?

Semi auto if it was smooth and straight maybe it would help if using a standard hop rubber nub design. As the BB would enter the hop rubber feed lips than centre itself under hop nub (although a concave nub probably achieves a similar action anyway) and try to repeat spin being achieved directly vertically each shot.

Looks like a waste of metal and FPS to me though.

· Registered
574 Posts
Yeah, I think that if the whole barrel was done with more care and a tighter bore it would be a much more significant thing, but as it is I don't think it's too much more than a regular barrel. I do think that the idea behind this is 100% worth looking into for me, but this example doesn't seem too great.
Still, I'm glad that Double Eagle is innovating in airsoft, something I see very little of anymore.
After handling a double eagle utr45 I'm shocked at the quality and value they are putting out (in a good way). The fact it had more features than any other stock gun even 2x it's cost is insane and it felt rock solid build quality. They are putting a lot of manufacturers to shame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts