Honestly, all of the clones are hit and miss. I'm not sure what Goji means by the "underbody", but I assume the stock is plastic, external barrel/receiver are metal (any other build material would barely work), and the internals are shit. In any case, use it as a way to get into airsoft or as a platform you'll replace all/most of the internals in.
My experience with double eagle (M4 sopmod) has been less than stellar, DE is cheaply made, sloppily constructed and of very low performance. The Sopmod that I have I use as a last resort loaner it features lots of extra parts, all cheaply made plastic, a plastic and nylon geared mech box. I have no experience with the replica you have linked to but judging from the "quality" of the M4 above......save your money, this from a described cheap skate. Even if it turns out to be half way reliable. It is not a good platform to build on because there is no way of knowing whether or not upgrade components would work on it unless you buy them and try.
My suggestion is save your pennies for at the very least a UTG Mk 96 (hurts to admit a recommendation for a UTG anything) or a JG BAR 10, which would be better yet.
Im also interested in getting this rifle but still cannot decide.
Here's the Info I have so far:
- The manufacturers claim the rifle shoots around 440fps on .20g OTB but some claim its 470fps (I doubt this is true)
- The searbox is plastic.
- Outer barrel & receiver is metal.
- The inner barrel is made out of brass.
- Some info on the net claims/says that the inner barrel is 6.05 x 515mm.
- The stock is made out of mid-grade plastic.
- Cylinder can be opened (as shown on the pics)
- The package comes with a sling, scope & bipod (was wondering if the scope on the pics is the scope on the package. If it is, then its a plus )
- The Bolt Handle resembles the real AWP Bolt Handle. Unlike the AGM version which has a paddle type bolt handle that looks identical to the Gspec Bolt handle.
Details I would like to know:
- Does it take any upgrade parts? (calling sir EdGI
- Can the hop assembly be replaced?
- What type of hopup does it use? (U-Hop or V-hop)
- Which model did it clone? (I just dont like the idea of AGM cloning a VSR for its trigger and the Type 96 for its cylinder. but thats just me
And here are some of the pics I have seen on the net:
Its basically a Well Warrior Mk1. I had one for a while, and to be honest not my best purchase choice, but I wanted an L96 ( hell I'm English after all ) I managed to fit some but not all of my upgrade parts in to it from my Classic Army M24. Some of them required a bit of engineering work to get to fit right some just fitted straight in and some didn't fit at all :. In the end I played with it twice before I striped all the parts out of it and converted it into a stock for my VSR. Much better gun all round now
My advise....By a BAR 10 if your on a low budget, much better gun with superior performance and upgradeability. Don't just by the gun because it looks like an L96 and then struggle to get it to perform as good as it looks
To be honest mate, if your going to get all that lot custom made on a one off basis, its probably going to end up cheaper if you invest your cash in a high end L96 straight off, rather than upgrade a poor one with custom parts, as anyone who has built anything custom will tell you, things that in theory and on paper should work, quite often in practice either don't or not to the level you envisaged
If you must have this rifle, why not do a Google search on the Well Warrior and see what parts can be upgraded from already available aftermarket parts, it'll end up cheaper and also it means someone somewhere has already tested it to see if it fits and works