Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Just heavy ammo alone will do wonders. Back when I had mine, all I did was swap the bucking, polish the stock barrel, and put in a Systema 400% spring. With MadBull 0.40g's, I could get 300 ft pretty easy after an adjustment shot. I'd recommend getting a Romanian scope, they look awesome and aren't absurdly high.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Do not just slap in a stronger spring without the reinfroced steel piston catch and shimming the trigger assembly. The problem is that the the assembly is made of cheap pot metal. Shimming it will remove the wobble and with little lithium grease, will make pulling the trigger much smoother.
Even with the heaviest spring I could find, the stock sear held up for quite a while. I eventually swapped it for a steel sear before the stock one even broke (no other mods to the trigger). I'd imagine with a reasonably (250%/300%) that it would hold up fine for a long time.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yes, I had good results with heavy ammo, but I was shooting pretty hot (550FPS +). I'm not sure what the sear is, I just know it's a cheap metal that's not very durable. I never shimmed my trigger, but it does seems like a great idea because it was a little wobbly and kinda torqued the sear to one side. I would order a trigger sear though because it's completely worth it. After tons of shots with a Systema 400% PSG-1 spring, the sear had zero wear and the piston was starting to wear down.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well, the PSG-1 springs are longer than the normal AEG springs; that's why I opted for one. I'm not sure about the %, I just bought the 400% because it was the strongest available. Usually springs are rated differently like M110, M120, M130, etc. As far as practicing with it, I just got everything perfect and never really had to mess with it again except for after I took it apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.