Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look. There's no denying it. We love spending money on airsoft, but most of us (with the exception of maybe WolfGeorge) do not have the funds to be buying $1000+ guns. That being said, we all have a gun that, if money were NOT an issue, we would be in a heartbeat. I figure we could use this thread to share ours (and see who has similar interests!).

I'll go first: M82 AEG converted to Daytona Gun system.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm in one of those odd positions of having been fortunate enough to have the funds and means to be able to afford many of the replicas I dreamed of. As awesome as they were, they were ultimately pretty disappointing and eventually led to me building my own platform. My example here would be my two grail guns, the DSR-1 and the WA2000. The DSR was absolutely beautiful, and even had me debating picking up a 2018/2019 updated version from Ares with the stainless steel parts, but after I sat down and really thought about it, I just couldn't justify it. Price aside, the gun was 18 pounds and miserable to shoulder and fire, let around lug around the field. Story's pretty similar with the WA2000. Dropped a fusion engine into my WA2000 and did my round of tuning. Shoots a real treat, but that doesn't change the fact that shouldering the rifle feels like you're shouldering a 2x4. I just had to accept the fact that some of the guns I find aesthetically appealing or otherwise desirable for one reason or another may just not be meant for the field.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm currently looking for the Swarovski hicapa from Airsoft Surgeon or at least the grip as the rest I can build my own.
After fiddled with one of George's brass WA1911 I'm looking for one as well, but I'm not as well connected as him and with the pandemic I can't travel to Japan to pick one up, despite having families there.
All these for collection though, performance wise I'm quite convinced I have about the best there is.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,393 Posts
This: New generation of Sa vz. 58

Now onto a couple of others:
VSR10 scratch build:
  • SCW stock
  • Bore up cylinder kit (airsoft gun europe one). Cylinder and Spring Guide custom coated in Teflon. Custom weights on piston.
  • Custom one piece carbon fibre outer barrel
  • Tridos TDC
  • Action Army Hop up unit
  • Precision Pursuits barrel (from @SiliconeSword)
  • Precision Pursuits bolt handle and end cap.
  • Custom made trigger by me or the TTI trigger
  • Rhop
  • Other optimisation stuff.

·
Registered
358 Posts
An HPA system of some sort.
Either an MTW or a drop in kit for my specna 933.

I'm a simple man, I like simple things.

Oh, and a compressor to fill my bottles without resorting to my scuba tanks ;)

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
662 Posts
Honestly?

A proper GBB system, that works in ALL weathers, consistent power output like Co2 and is not that big a hassle to maintain.

That, and a better MCX replica than VFC
Either you use HPA or that's literally impossible due to how gases work unfortunately.

I would probably want a new GBB Vector that doesn't suck if it exists.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts