Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ill get straight to the point...The old bolt handle broke due to the Asg recommended upgrade spring being too heavy. I tried fixing it kept breaking

This is my new "bolt handle" and i know its stupid and ugly.. but it works surprisingly well
I just used a dremel to grind down the safeties for the bolt so it can be pulled back without having an actual bolt handle in place.

Its alot easier to charge and can be pulled back one-handed from both sides
(while aiming)

Its 2 5/6mm thick steel screws with
electrical tape
I just used a dremel drill bit and a screwdriver
(Careful not to crack the aluminum)

Ive shot over 1000 bbs with this 0.26g

Its good up to about 60m in moderate wind
But i dont blame this on the charging handle.

Ive been really sloppy with assembly/disassembly so that might also be
messing with how it shoots.

The hop up also does not do much at all..

But all in all it shoots good at 15-60m
And now that i can make it shoot im ready to start upgrades...

I dont really care about how it looks... Atleast for now..

But i will make some radical new handle that makes it even easier and comfortable to use...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cut the rubber from the bolt handle in half and it fits perfectly on the new handles

Looks alot nicer now too

I also made some spacers for the pad on the buttstock...
It feels to me like it takes less effort to stabilize the rifle
And also makes pulling the bolt one-handed approximately 20x nicer

Cant wait to spend some more money on actual upgrades..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blackdogairsoft said the cylinder might be APS2 compatible i only partly understand what that means
As for barrel i know they have a persicion barrel upgrade that Asg sells but even that needs a dremel to be fitted...

I made a thread earlier asking for help with parts
And blackdogairsoft made a really well written answer.. miles better that what i can provide😅

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,121 Posts
Blackdogairsoft said the cylinder might be APS2 compatible i only partly understand what that means
APS2 is an internal operating system of a variety of rifles.
It is considered one of the best sniper rifle systems out there, next to the VSR10 system.
APS2 rifles were originally built by a company called Maruzen as Remington m700 lookalikes, however, Maruzen quickly also built a l96 replica (the l96 being a famous British real steel sniper rifle).
These quickly became very popular, and can still be bought today, though they are fairly rare, because Maruzen only produces small quantities.
The L96 replicas are by far the more popular aps2 products.
Maruzen rifles have gradually been overshadowed by clones made by companies such as Well (MB01 etc.) UTG with their MK96 and others.

APS2 rifles can be identified in a number of ways.
Firstly, an L96 will be an aps2 platformed gun, if it does not have realistic magazine placement, but instead has the mag further forward, recessed into the stock.
The mag is inserted here:

Secondly, the APS2 rifle has a self ejecting mag that looks like this:

The mag is compressed to this while inside the gun to look like this, and when the mag release is pressed, it springs out.

Thirdly, the hopup unit of the APS2 looks like this:

And it uses a very distinctive barrel bucking combo:

The cut of the barrel is like this:

and the bucking looks like this:

Finally, the trigger mechanism of the aps2 system looks like this:

It is easy to identify because of its distinctive spring guide stopper (circled in red) and also very boxy shape.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Hi Gunner Joe. What type of rifle is it? Also, does it have similar parts as the APS2 parts?
From what I can see, the rifle looks like a Double Eagle. (These are popping up left right and centre on these forums in the last week or so)

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,121 Posts
Hi Gunner Joe. What type of rifle is it? Also, does it have similar parts as the APS2 parts?
From what I can see, the rifle looks like a Double Eagle. (These are popping up left right and centre on these forums in the last week or so)
It is an ASG Steyr SSG69.
It is fairly similar to a asg m40a3 as far as I recall.

Its the Steyr Ssg-69 p2 by Asg and apparently it is almost Aps2 compatible..
The only APS2 compatible bits are the piston, spring guide and spring.

For the other components, I think that the action army hopup chamber (vsr10) might fit if you modify the magazines slightly.
In the trigger mech, the 2nd sear from the vsr10 should fit.
It fits vsr10 barrels and buckings.

Cool mag mod i just found

sorry to post a random link but i think it might be relevant
This is one of @Blind Sniper's mods. He is here on this forum.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
If you mean the magazine thing, DTD made an M4 to VSR, and TRIDOS makes the same thing, and you can find them on Thingiverse.

For the bolt handle, you can find very similar ones on Thingiverse, but the idea of a 3D printed bolt handle makes me cringe as I would barely trust it on HPA, let alone spring.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I wraped it with camo tape and and hot glued it so
"It dont move"

i made some custom foregrips from a strange rubber foam material that i found outside... Im not shure what the thing was but it looked exactly like what i needed sooo one mans trash...
i dremeled it flat and screwed/glued it down

I also jammed filled the stock with foam and that made everything thing feel alot nicer..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Goodbye neck pain hello adjustable cheekrest

It needs alot of work but it feels really nice

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
You will most likely find that if you had a face mask you would not need the cheek riser. Or you could get lower rings for the scope.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts