Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a look and haven't found this posted on here yet,
I can't take all the credit for this I got the idea from a loadout article in airsoft international.
I took my ACU trousers and bought some water soluable dye (I used dylon but am not sure what you have available in your area)
I mixed three colours according to the instructions on the packet and put them in a plant spray bottle and used it like spraypaint to cover the trousers.
After leaving it to dry overnight and then washed it again according to the instructions.
The results:

If I was to do it again I would use more brown and perhaps spray each colour twice as it is a little light.

A word of caution the dye mixture is slightly caustic so cover the floor and walls and wear protection on your hands to prevent having multi coloured hands.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is what the guy in the article had done so I thought I would go for something a little different.
The process is fairly easy but I think it either needs darker colours or being done twice to darken it down bit and more brown. I do like the way the pattern shows through giving more variation to the colours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.