Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I had another great time of doing work in the bush the other day at a big rec game at a paintball field and so on... Anyways. I've been eating sunflower seeds a lot lately, and so I just figured "What the hay" and brought them out in the bush with me, I found out it's actually really calming and helps pass some time while I'm waiting for a target.

So, I'm just wondering... Does anyone else eat/chew/consume anything in the bush? Be it gum, sunflower seeds, chewing tobacco... Whatever.

Do you munch on anything in the bush?

·
Registered
9 Posts
To calm myself i usually eat fruit'n'nut mixes.
(You know the ones I mean- you can buy them at Gas Stations)

Taste - Amazing (dried fruit and mixed nuts, who could complain?)
Energy - Great booster for before, during and after any physical activity.
Price - IT'S FRUIT AND NUTS. Of course its cheap...

But Anyhoo-
I seem to be getting side tracked.
I dont chew gum, mainly because the "sticky" noises of the gum on your teeth distract me.
Why not chew AND boost your energy/vitamin levels at the same time?

Peace,

Spunky

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I will almost always cary some energy bars with me on the field. That or just grab something to chew on to give me something to do when i am just laying there

You should never chew when you play... The reason..... it will affect your shooting. When you use a tobacco product, your heart rate increases, and also the smell can give you away. That and when you spit ..... who wants to crawl through that

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right.. That's why I probably should have said "Chewing tobacco would be a no in this situation, for obvious reasons". As far as Sunflower seeds, I doubt they do anything as far as heart rates go, but the reason I like them is because if I pop a handful in and store them on one side of the cheek and transfer one over at a time, I can make that handful last for at least 15-20 minutes of seedin' ... Whereas with a nut & fruit mix (In America we call this "trail mix", not sure if that's just us... ) will only last a few seconds, because chewing that up is rather quick.

But yeah, I've brought granola bars in the field, and the problem with those more often than not is that darn wrapper making the noise when you open it, and they usually make my mouth dry out from the crazy high amounts of salt & granola. But they're definately amazing as far as the taste factor goes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Munching sunflower seeds is pretty universal for this job. A lot of people dip as well, but I never did simply because I have an addictive personality. Both require you to bring along a bottle (20 oz Gatorade works best), which I'd still recommend it for dipping (see woogies post), but skip it for airsoft.

As a side note, sunflower seeds are carried Navy Corpsmen. When someone is getting dehydrated you tell them to sip water and suck sunflower seeds. The salt content helps your body retain the water you're taking in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey , i didn't knew all this , in Mexico chewing sunflower seeds its not often seen , i usually go for a tutsi pop and sip water from my camelback , it helps me to not have a dry mouth and it makes my camelback water not to taste all plastic like.

I will test the sunflower seeds in my next game.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used to chew half a stick of gum when I would play, but that was to keep my mouth closed and my teeth in my mouth. Then I figured out what a mouth guard was..... Now I just chew the mouth guard.

I did sunflower seeds once but i ran out of water and then I got that salty leftover mess behind and that only helped the dry mouth ::) . Obviously thats my fault for not having enough water with me but i never did it again.

Sometimes I'll take one of those cliff bars onto the field with me(its an all natural energy bar that you can pick up at the Health food stores, or Trader Joe's if any of you have one of them, Sams Club caries them and I wouldn't doubt is Cosco had them too).

sticks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just noticed the name of the thread has been changed to "Eatin the bush"...
Such a dirty sense of humour, Mosin!

I wonder if anyone else noticed...
Tee-hee-hee, fiddle-dy dee,

Peace,

Spunky

PS- The sunflower seed thing seems to be pretty common knowledge here, but I've never heard of it myself.
Education is always good though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
sega420 said:
I just noticed the name of the thread has been changed to "Eatin the bush"...
Such a dirty sense of humour, Mosin!

I wonder if anyone else noticed...
Tee-hee-hee, fiddle-dy dee,

Peace,

Spunky

PS- The sunflower seed thing seems to be pretty common knowledge here, but I've never heard of it myself.
Education is always good though.
Actually, seems as though Embed was the person who edited it, so props should go to him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.