Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I believe Bobgengeskahn has this rifle. If he does not respond here soon, try giving him a pm. And check out some of the threads in the gallery section and I believe the "others" section. There should be some info there for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own this gun. Main point is it's cheap, nice basis to mod, but at the same time you can put your heart and soul into it. There are multiple very helpful modifications you can do without buying upgrades. Its also quite easy to disassemble. Many people don't take it seriously, as it is made by Echo 1, but bobghengeskahn has completely defied those assumptions. As fuzzywolly said, you should check out the other articles on this rifle, such as the one in the gallery, and hop up topic.

Regarding stock performance, I was fairly accurate at a human target from around 160 feet. Despite reviews and advertisements, mine chronoed at 430 fps with .20g and 385 fps with .25g. The hop up is slightly difficult to adjust, but gives me a nice straight shot after working with it. The only thing I dont like, that bob does like, is the VERY heavy trigger pull. All in all I love it and continue to find ways of increasing performance without spending too much money, and it has the potential to be a great rifle. However the key is to work on it, I wouldn't go to an OP with it stock.

·
Registered
807 Posts
"is this gun worth buying" is a very loaded question lol.

I would say it is if you fit the following conditions:
1. it is not your first gun
2. you dont mind tinkering and problem solving
3. you are willing to do some trial and error

1 because I personally have found that I have run into a few problems in my upgrades and just needed to get away from it for a few days and work on my other guns/play with my other guns (this is mainly because there is not a lot of information out there) which leads to 2.
2 because since it is Echo1 and since it is a compilation of 2 or 3 other guns in terms of parts and such, there may be some custom modification you will need to do to get parts to fit. (I just fit an APSII aero chamber in mine and it required some modification to the outer barrel to fit/align properly) which leads to 3.
3 because as a result of 1 and 2, you will probably end up trying different combinations of parts. although this may be becoming less of an issue as it has been out for a while now, and then there are people like myself that have already tried quite a few modifications and different components.

hope this helps in the broad sense. if you have experience with other guns or have any specifics that you are looking for in a gun feel free to ask and im sure that anyone on the forum will help the best they can as will I.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its a great gun. And some people are getting the hang of it.

the main problem modding this gun is that you have to figure out what part matches what part. So that kinda put owners on the cutting edge of a new gun. If you dont mind being there, and probably taking a chance or two that no one has ever taken, well your on the right path.

However if you want to know exactly 100% what works and what doesnt. Well either wait a while before buying this gun, or buy a different gun.

Personally Ive put the upgrade kit into mine, a madbull barrel and a PDI hop up chamber. Im shooting about 530 fps with a .20 and Im getting out to about 250 ft. Last shot was 230ft at a trashcan, and I had to aim low. SO I will assume at least 250 once the arc settles down and we hit where the cross hairs are.

So cost wise,

Gun 115
Upgrade kit 35
barrel 35
chamber 45
Total of 230 bucks.

Now with that said, my original hop up chamber died. the arm crumbled into nothingness. So its (IMO) stay stock, or upgrade the chamber with the upgrade kit. If you upgrade the gun, and keep the stock chamber, I believe at this point that you will end up replaceing the chamber anyway. So, dont get a L96 barrel for the stock chamber. It wont be around long enough to enjoy. Get t he AEG barrel and PDI chamber.

And I believe, although I dont know for sure, that it takes the PDI L96 chamber. I got the APS2 and had to heavily mod it to get it to work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
807 Posts
what weight bbs are you playing with? mine is shooting a little harder than yours and i know if i use .2 s it goes vertical at 30'. so im using .43s and can get head shots at 120 reliably (sadly thats as far as i can zero at in my yard). but i dont know what it looks like at 150/200 yet since thats where ill try to engage at (120 is just outside my min ROE).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use .25g, and they don't start flying until about 150'. In perfect conditions I can get to 180' accurately, but past that the gun simply doesn't have the "umph" to go farther. I'm looking at getting the APS2 hop up chamber, and changing to .28g bbs, which I believe should get me to at least 200'.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Waldo: what FPS are you at? Also, save yourself the time and get an L96 chamber, don't go through the same problems that Ronin and I did. The reason I asked Ronin what weight hes using is because were both shooting quite a bit hotter than stock with simmilar hopup units.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have not physically tested it since I have the APS2 chamber, but I shot an Email to Echo1 Tech support asking about barrel spacers and they said the L96 spacers would fit perfectly, and seeing as the L96 suppressor system works on the end, its a pretty sure bet that the L96 chamber will fit since the rest of the gun is set up by group. i.e. APS2 cylinder, L96 barrel etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ya, I compared the pictures of the L96 hop up chamber and the APS2 and I think, strongly believe, that the L96 is the way to go.

But then again, Im hitting accuratly out to 230ft on a trashcan sized target. Id say torso sized, but, I havent put the maniquin out there to see for sure 100%. But currently on the trashcan, Im 8 in ten on target.

What does that mean? Well that the PDI hop up, even the APS2 is awesome. So if I were you, Id get the L96 hop up and go for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
oh sorry to double post. but I neglected to post the weights Im shooting.

Im shooting .30g Madbull and .36 madbull.

With the .30 im zipping right in. While with the .36 ive got to hold at about 3 mil above, at 230 ft.

so Im at about 540 or so fps with .20g bbs. hop up turned way off. A firefly bucking and the madbull black 6.03 barrel.

I think the perfect weight would be .34 but good luck ever getting a .34 in white. So eh.

But those are the weights Im useing and the distances Im getting.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah, mine is shooting a little hotter than yours is Ronin, so .43s are performing as well for me as .3s are for you, as far as I can tell. I dont have the chance to get out to 230 unless I'm playing, but I've got 10/10 head shots at 140' (within 2" of a small water bottle). I actually swapped out my firefly and did a complete rebuild of my hop up to include a Guarder stiff bucking and my own home made hop up nub that works absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ya, I had a madbull blue bucking in there to begin with. And it had a "warm up" that was just unbelieveable. I would shoot the first round, and it would go like 100ft and drop. Second round same, third 120 or 130 fourth 150 and then about 5 and 6 would be at 200 ft.

So went to the firefly with the little fingers, and Im shooting 10 rounds consistantly with no warm up. But that guarder stiff sounds interesting too. I would love a nice hard bucking that has 0 warm-up no matter how many rounds I fire, no matter how fast I fire them.

BTW how is that PDI working for you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
well actually, right now ive got about zero warm up.

As an aside, I had a friend the other day help me. We used my Garmin Map60 GPS and he went out to about 250 ft. I was 4 out of six on him.

At that range with .30g he said the one that hit him in the head just felt like a firm finger tap.

But I was really greatfull that he let me shoot at him. It confirmed some of my info pretty good. And at that range, it was one head shot (accident) and three torso hits. Ofcourse he was standing still too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Wow, that is a whole other definition of "help". I did not get a chance to play with my ASR this past weekend as was my hope. I spent the entire time using my newly modified G36c DMR, but it also has the same Guarder bucking and it worked flawlessly on semi and full. I even managed a few head shots out around 140' and was reaching to just about 180'-200' barely (it only chronos 420 tops). However, the ASR was holding better groups from a prone supported in my backyard with the Madbull + Guarder set up, so I'm excited to see how it does in the next game.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds good to me.

Im interested to hear your results.

I think the next time Im going to get to play will be on or about the 20th of this month. Hopefully, I may play a sniper roll in that game. Have to wait and see whats what and who shows up to the game from our team.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.