Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in love thus far.

Feels pretty sturdy. The stock adjuster seems a bit loose, and rattles a little bit even after tightening. Yes it is heavy, but that doesn't bother me too much. I'm a bass player, and my P-bass weighs 12 or 13 lbs, I'm used to it.

Bolt is HEAVY. This is a pro and a con. On the con side, it's heavy and somewhat annoying. On the pro side, I think I'll be less tempted to waste shots, and also have a legitimate excuse for not letting people borrow my rifle.

External hop-up adjuster is nice. I guess it lets you make in-battle adjustments if you wanted, without moving from your hide.

I didn't get to shoot more than 1 mag last night. But I liked what happened. The mag did feel flimsy, but once it seated in the well, felt nice. I turned the hop-up to 60%-ish, and hit a 12" target at 20 yards several times with no sights and .40g's. I couldn't see the bb's, but I hit it basically every time except for the first shot, so I'll assume they were flying relatively straight.

The bipod (once mounted, thanks dad) worked like a bipod should. My dad loved it. He's getting a little up there in years and it's hard for him to have a steady aim with heavy rifles. So yeah, I liked it too, and he said he's getting a bipod for his next rifle (guns magically appear at our house).

Would I recommend it? So far, yes.
Will I recommend it after playing Sunday? I'll let you know Sunday.

No pics yet. It's a stock M28 with a 3-9x scope. I think you can use your imagination :)

Great forum guys. Look forward to sticking around.

·
Registered
909 Posts
hoggie said:
brickerenator said:
No pics yet. It's a stock M28 with a 3-9x scope. I think you can use your imagination :)
I thought the M28 was unupgradable, so techinally, it's to it's best point. Correct me if I am wrong.
Well, there is always small home mods that he should try to do like cleaning the bucking, making some form of ABB system, sealing threads with teflon tape, and making barrel spacers, but there are also a few upgrades that have come out not too long ago:

It has been confirmed that the PDI V-Trigger actually fits in this rifle over on ASR, along with a Nineball bucking.

AirsoftGI has an metal trigger box that they came out with (Probably no the best quality)

EhobbyAsia also has some piston upgrades/cylinder kits for sale now.

This gun seems to have a problem with slam firing after a short while, but maybe some of these parts could fix it. Hope it doesn't happen to you out at the game.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hoggie said:
I thought the M28 was unupgradable, so techinally, it's to it's best point. Correct me if I am wrong.
Welp, you're wrong :)

Borrowed from other places:
Compatible parts between M28 and VSR10:
Sears
Spring Guide
Spring
Hop-Up Chamber
Hop-Up Bucking (Not 100% sure)

And Wesley, it has barrel spacers already.

I'll probably order the sears soon.

Is it the best rifle out there? No. I can't afford the best one out there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's what I wrote in another thread on the subject of compatibility:

To start off, the cylinder is longer. This means that aftermarket cylinders are a no-go. Because of the length, the piston is longer in order to be able to engage the sears. Unfortunately, VSR pistons are too short to work to be able to engage. The cylinder also has a slightly narrower inner diameter than the TM VSR, it's more like the Well MB02/3 and PDI cylinders. TM spec pistons such as the Laylax will fit with the guide rings sanded down, PDI pistons fit as is. But you still have to mount some sort of spacer/extension to the front in order to use it. Also, the aftermarket cylinder heads should not be used because they won't screw on all the way; the threaded portion of the M28 cylinder head is longer. I was able to use a TM spec spring guide, although I do not recall what brand it was.

The trigger mech internals are TM compatible. That at least means the weak zinc-alloy sears can go. TM trigger boxes can be used, but only if you remove the little protrusion that the trigger guard attaches to. Zero-triggers and M-triggers will NOT fit. I haven't personally tried the PDI V-trigger, but I know someone on ASR was able to use one in his. I assume the trigger guard protrusion had to be removed from that as well.

The barrel has the same hop-up cut as the VSR, but it is longer, 515mm if I remember correctly. The hop-up bucking is TM compatible, as are the arm and sliding parts. The chamber itself is NOT compatible, the inner diameter of the outer barrel is much too narrow for a TM chamber to fit.

So basically it's workable if you put in the time. But personally, I'd suggest something different to avoid many hassles. If you want a VSR-ish rifle for relatively cheap to start with, find a JG Bar-10 and upgrade it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
brickerenator said:
hoggie said:
Welp, you're wrong :)

Borrowed from other places:
Compatible parts between M28 and VSR10:
Sears
Spring Guide
Spring
Hop-Up Chamber
Hop-Up Bucking (Not 100% sure)

And Wesley, it has barrel spacers already.

I'll probably order the sears soon.

Is it the best rifle out there? No. I can't afford the best one out there.
I never said anything about barrel spacers, but it can never hurt to make more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Post game thoughts:

I'm happy.

The power is enough for the places I play. Lost of dense east coast woods, so the longest shot you really could make is about 100 feet.

The accuracy is good. In one part of a battle, I made 2 80-ish foot kills in between several trees, firing while kneeling, my accuracy was 100% in that battle ;) . Once I finish tweaking the scope I should be able to do pretty well.

A couple people reported after battles that the sound of bullets flying in out of nowhere and hitting a tree inches from their face was very demoralizing. :)

I'm planning on making a ghillie suit. I was wearing a long-sleeve camo t and khaki pants, wasn't able to hide a lot. Though I was able to move with stealth and surprise people.

Good day overall.

dhm078 said:
Here's what I wrote in another thread on the subject of compatibility:
Thanks man. That was helpful!

wesley810 said:
I never said anything about barrel spacers, but it can never hurt to make more.
Your first post in this thread contains this line:

Well, there is always small home mods that he should try to do like...and making barrel spacers
:shrug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
brickerenator said:
...I made 2 80-ish foot kills in between several trees, firing while kneeling, my accuracy was 100% in that battle...
80' kills, and you're happy with that? I can get 100% kills at 100+' with my KWA USP pistol.

In the hand, the M28 is great, but I'm waiting for some specific upgrades before I field mine. Shooting wise, I just can't depend on it to send a BB where I want it to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wurger said:
brickerenator said:
...I made 2 80-ish foot kills in between several trees, firing while kneeling, my accuracy was 100% in that battle...
80' kills, and you're happy with that? I can get 100% kills at 100+' with my KWA USP pistol.

In the hand, the M28 is great, but I'm waiting for some specific upgrades before I field mine. Shooting wise, I just can't depend on it to send a BB where I want it to.
I've only ever played airsoft a few times. First battle with a sniper rifle. I had only run about 50 rounds through the gun beforehand, so the scope was not sighted in. They were also the longest shots I took all day. There simply wasn't any visibility past that. The other night I was making 80%+ at 150 feet at a torso sized target. Again, would have been higher, but the scope is still off.

I'm glad you are so accurate with your pistol :) Must be nice :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
brickerenator said:
wurger said:

I've only ever played airsoft a few times. First battle with a sniper rifle. I had only run about 50 rounds through the gun beforehand, so the scope was not sighted in. They were also the longest shots I took all day. There simply wasn't any visibility past that. The other night I was making 80%+ at 150 feet at a torso sized target. Again, would have been higher, but the scope is still off.

I'm glad you are so accurate with your pistol :) Must be nice :)
I'm not uber airsoft guy, it's just good gear. I can't say enough good things about KWA's GBB pistols. I just commented because 80' with a 500+ FPS long gun isn't anything to get excited about.

Hence my dissatisfaction with the E1 M28. My KWA USP Match will hit at 150' reliably out of the box, and I can get 200' hits with both of my M4's (KWA SR10 and CA PMC X - both only upgraded with tight bore inner barrels). I get way too may fliers with the stock M28. I'll revisit the M28 when I can get some upgrades made for the gun, but I'm not willing to spend hours and hours and $$$ dinking around trying to jam marginally compatible parts into the M28 to get it shooting as well as my GBB pistol. For now, it's a nice wall hanger.

And I kind of lost interest in the M28 after I picked up an RPK. 509mm 6.01 tightbore + drum mag = FUN.

I did notice that my M28 is more accurate with .28's than .36's. Strange, but true.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well...don't be a moron and crawl around with your spare magazine in your leg pocket.

They will break.

:(

Should be able to fix it temporarily with some glue.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=8329
Nevermind :)

My brother and I placed an order for random stuff from ASGI last night. Then got the restock notice today...(#$%#) So I called, and they added 2 mags for meeeee :) :) :) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.