Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my friend just bought an ECHO 1 M28 and he says he can't get the gun to shoot. Apparently, whenever he pulls the bolt back, it loads way to much ammo at once and jams the gun. I have no idea what the problem is but I'd like to help him out, anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Turn off the hop up all the way down and shoot the gun without the magazine in it.

If something shoots out, problem is usually resolved. If not, try loading half the capacity of BB's into the magazine and see if the problem is fixed.

Are you using 0.12g bb's? This is a common issue with lightweight BB's. The spring in the magazine is too strong and will usually double-feed.

Are you using seamless BB's (perfectly round and not rough)? Non-seamless bb's tend to jam frequently.

And last but not least, how does he know the gun is feeding more than one? I give you the benefit of the doubt, but the gun might be feeding properly, but he thinks it's multi-feeding... it may just be jamming.

If none of our suggestions work, report back here please.

·
Registered
971 Posts
@steveo0902 please make an intro post.

Also, fully load your mag and leave it for a week, if the problem is in the strength of your mag springs, this will weaken them and possibly prevent over feeding.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is easy. If you unload the magazine, and take it out, look up into the mag well. You should see a little white "u" kinda shaped piece of plastic. That is the bb stopper. It keeps the gun from loading all of the bb's at once. This piece has obviously broken and is not oushing back down after loading only one bb. Its a one dollar replacement part. All you have to do is disassemble the gun and the hop up (look it up on YouTube...there's an Echo1 serice rep who can show you how) and replace this tiny piece. After that youre gun will be fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sry for kicking this dead thread but I've got some mag issues after cleaning my M28. I filed some material on the backside of the feeding"tower" (the part that goes into the chamberblock) away to make the mags slide out better. Than I tested if it shoots and it won't feed any bb with both mags. I don't know if it's because of the filing.
Did anyone of you have any idea what I can do? :s

·
Registered
492 Posts
I hate that moment, but it only happens when I get too excited and run out shots in my mag.

Anyways to fix your problem (assuming it's cause your mag sits too low), I see a couple of ways you could go about it, though I'm not sure about exactly "how" you would do it.

1 somehow get the mag to sit higher in the magwell
2 increase the length of the nub that opens the lock on the bbs (I'm not sure about the wording here) basically make the magazine expel bbs even though it sits low
3 bolt the magwell to the barrel somehow
4 replace parts with the updated version (would unfortunately require a new gun)

Just thought of one possible way to use method #1 (again assuming you have the version that we think):
shim where the magwell bolts to the stock so that it fits slightly higher, then if necessary file down the top of the magwell where it contacts the barrel so that everything aligns properly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got the version with the magwell screwed under the barrel. Even if I press the mag in it won't work, i though about this too but yeah.... Yes i unscrewed and disassembled by complete rifle (polishing and stuff). I'll disassemble and reassemble it again today maybe I've just make a mistake but don't think so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok so i disassembled it and reassembled it a couldn't find anything wrong. The mag is feeding but the bb won't go in the chamber. I have no idea where or what the failure is because it worked everytime with this setup. I haven't changed anything. I just polished the barrel and the Cylinder. :/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.