Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Echo 1 ASR, also known to my friends and I as Lyla. She is stock but soon to have some upgrades, including tightbore and maybe the Echo 1 upgrade kit minus the spring because I have heard they break easily.

I have a Bushnell 4x32 Bushmaster scope along with a laser that I never use. :-/

The so called silencer I made myself. It might not be pretty but it does the job. Im planning on painting the end of it so I dont give myself away.

Well The wrap I made out of a camo blind I got at the local Walmart. Cut it into strips and covered what I needed. I dont think it looks too shabby.

Another angle of the wrap.

My ghillie is homemade, some may not consider it a ghillie because it only covers my head and back. I am planning on covering my legs and arms as well if needed. Front veiw.

Back veiw.

I often play in a marsh type of setting and I think this setup is ideal for it. Here is a picture from our last game. Im satisfied with it.

I may end up starting a new ghillie and making it a single piece. If anyone has any tips let me know. Also I would like to know any information on ASR upgrades. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Very nice pics. It is very different from what I am used to seeing among these boards. For most environments I do not see this as effective, but for the area you are taking the pics in, it looks outstanding. Your ghillie would prove to be much more affective than mine in your environment, and award you a plus 1 for that. ;) The last picture is very cool, and recommend you make that your profile avatar pic.

As for the rifle, get a harris style bipod, and that would complete the look externally for me. Except maybe fix up the end cap. Is that tape on the end? Also, add some veg to the rifle as well to help it blend in even more. Looks great without it, but just a little bit of veg can make your rifle look much more natural, especially when up close to it.

On another note, when typing words to go with the pics, press enter to space them underneath of the pic rather than the sentences starting on the side. Makes your post look much more clean and easier to read.

PS. If you go with the Echo 1 upgrade kit, like you said, do not use the spring unless you have upgraded your trigger box in some way, shape, or form. Otherwise, you will have some problems on your hand. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here is my original silencer, made out of PVC and metal piping. I packed it with quilt batting from Joann Fabrics

Here is the old silencer and the new silencer in a size comparison. The new one is bigger and works better too!

The new silencer is made out of the same kind of inner tube as the old one. The pipe runs through an old spray paint can then out the other side. I painted and mounted an "end cap". Don't really know what it is but it makes it look more professional.

I think it looks a lot better than before. Tell me what you think. Again thanks for all the comments guys!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ronin, here are the pictures that you requested. Yes it is a unique paint job. Its a woodland snakeskin design. I put down a basecoat of tan. Then layed down the netting over the rifle. I used the same netting that I have covering the end of the scope. I have a whole sheet of it. You have to make sure the netting actually comes in contact with the rifle or else it doesn't turn out so well. After the base coat I added brown patches. Then i rearranged the netting and put a small amount of green in. I don't like too much green where I'm at, it doesn't work as well. Hope you guys like it and if you have any questions ask me. :)

Barrel

Barrel again

Here is a little closer veiw. Please understand that this thing has been through a whole season of matches so it has quite a few knicks and scratches. I plan on painting it again soon. Probably the same thing.

Hope you guys like it. Im also hoping to see more ASR users in the future. They are well worth the money! ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just replaced the O-ring on the piston. Not only did it boost the FPS by about 20 but it quieted my gun down ALOT! I am planning on putting in and upgraded piston and spring guide in this summer as well as a tightbore. Ill keep you all updated! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.