Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my two babies. We had a little warm weather this last weekend. So it was off to the hills to attempt a little bit of tuneing with the Gas gun.

And although the G96D hasnt been painted, you can see how the ASR turned out, so you can imagine what the G96 will look like.

Enjoy and feel free to comment, or ask questions.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Liking the ASR. Very nice paint job.

The surrounding terrain looks like a great spot to set up a sniper hide. Any chance we could get some pictures of you and/or your ghillie in there?

Again, looks very nice, looking forward to seeing the G96 painted. Kind of sticks out at the moment. ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, its alot of fun out here. And if we drive a short ways up the mountian, we've got a full on forrest to play in. Then if you drive another direction, your in full on desert. Weve got it all !!

But hey, thanks for the props on my Ghille. I made it a few years ago, and havent gotten to use it that much in game. I used it once in a paintball game, and when I shot (and missed) at this guy, he screamed,(literally AAHHH!) ran back towards his friend and called out, "that @#&*$ bush just shot at me!!" And that made all the hours I put into it worth while right there ! LoL !

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very nice, particularly the ASR, I am a huge fan. The only quarrel I have with it is the stock hop-up bucking is very weak and prone to breaking. I am really liking your ghillie too. Did you dye the jute or is that the color from off of the shelf?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Ronin055 said:
when I shot (and missed) at this guy, he screamed,(literally AAHHH!) ran back towards his friend and called out, "that @#&*$ bush just shot at me!!" And that made all the hours I put into it worth while right there ! LoL !
Haha, that is great. Totally worth the hard work. Glad you are out scaring people with your concealment tactics.

And always wanted to play in a desert area terrain. Would love to make/use a desert ghillie, and see that being a lot of fun.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool !! Thanks for all the Props Guys ! I really appreciate it.

The ASR is a great little gun. And the performance I get out of it compared to the money Ive got into it, is a great ratio.

The Stock bucking on the ASR was fine when it was stock. And i never had a problem with it breaking. What broke was the Stock Hop Up chamber. More pointedly, the hop up arm on the chamber. Mine shattered and literally broke in like three places. I know another ASR owner who had the same problem. And I believe I heard of a third. So I don't know , it may have been a problem in the first run. But you should replace the stock hop up chamber with a PDI anyway, so you can use AEG barrels and buckings.

And the Jute is the color I got it at the store. I went to Walmart when they used to carry fabric and purchased like three different colors. Kind of a Rust, a normal burlap, and a light green. Then I worked all that into a net that I had sewn into a kind of top, coat. Its long in the back, has a bib, arms and hood. There was a buckle around the knees/thighs area that you could use to pull the bottom closed. But that broke off and I haven't replaced it. It works fine.

For my next Ghille test, I plan on going out and playing Hide and Seek with my kids. For that test I plan on Veg-ing up a little.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wow, that is very odd, the stock bucking on mine broke after about 700 shots with the upgrade kit. The spring in the kit is to powerful I think because the sears were showing signs of wear a week after having the kit in. That is why I sold it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your talking about the arm, under the ring in the hop up. Ya mine broke in about four places as well. And at about the same ammount of shots. So yes, PDI hop up all the way in my ASR.

I wish that there was a replacement hop up chamber for the G96D.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.