Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

EdGi compatibility

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Onyx-SF 
#1 ·
Please advise,
I have an EdGi cylinder and cylinder head in my VSR, along with his 45/55° piston .. and I want to eventually change it to a 90° setup.

My question is: is it possible to put a different piston from another manufacturer (e.g. AA) into this cylinder? ..and if yes, what are the downsides of that?

Sorry if this was asked before, but I couldn't find this info anywhere

The options I can see right now are:
A) buy an AA 90° piston and put it in EdGi cylinder (if it's possible)
B) buy an EdGi 90° piston
C) ditch the EdGi cylinder entirely and buy a teflon cylinder, head and 90° piston combo from Action Army.

Does anyone have any experience with this? If I can't use different piston in the EdGi cylinder, I am actually tempted to switch to AA parts entirely, as they are much more available in my location. What do you guys think?

#8 ·
Hey again guys,

So the modification of the 55° EdGi piston is done now, you can see the result on the linked picture below..

The leftover material is a little bit thinner than it is on the regular 90° piston, but I remain hopeful that it will hold.

I will let you guys know if it does once I've tested it for a while .. but I have to buy the 90° trigger unit first :nuts:

#11 ·
Hey again guys,

Just to reach the conclusion .. by now I have shot about 500 shots with the modified piston. The back end is not deformed in any way and functions well.

So, I think it's safe to say now that modified EdGi pistons do work, if modified correctly. You don't have to buy a new 90° if you already have the 55°

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.