Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience. Right now for an AEG, I am using a G&G GR16 with a JBU M4 SD Kit on the front. The inner barrel it came with however is more accurate than my Madbull inner barrel and the Madbull is 509mm long. So in all I was wondering if others have had a shorter barrel set up out shoot their long barrel AEG's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have an upgraded G&P zombie killer. Set up like a Mk18. It has a 300mm Prometheus barrel installed. That gun shoots like my M14!!! Honestly it has amazing range for a 300mm barrel.
Very pleased with it. I can hit targets at 200 feet when I shoot burst. My M14 though can hit
smaller targets at the same range in 1-2 shots. The difference between a long range AEG and
short barrel AEG.

It is not always about barrel length! 400-455mm barrels can be a sweet spot for barrel lengths in AEG's.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Short barrels can actually be more accurate than longer barrels to a point. The BB needs to accelerate completely before leaving the barrel. This allows the BB to reach its maximum velocity in the shortest distance therefore there is less alienation from the hop-up due to contact with the barrel. The alienation of off-axis spin is more pronounced with tighter barrels of longer lengths, and even more so if the ID of the barrel is not consistent. I'm not saying everybody should be going around building MP5K DMRs, as the BB wil not have reached the maximum possible velocity required of a successful DMR. That is why PDI barrels of larger diameter will be more accurate then one of it's tighter diameter relatives. How ever, the ideal length is right around the 450mm length as I and others have found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.