Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not think of doing this but i had a tought how easy would it be to make a vsr gearbox, you make a piston with more amount of teeth that should be easy to do on a cnc or a milling machine, then you need a custom gear make one gear with equal amount of teeth as the piston then just weld it on a regular airsoft gear (it needs to be a 2 piece sector gear but they mostly all are, then you just heat it up and tare it apart) and thats all the gears done for the body i would find the most compatible body and work from there.

As I said i dont think about doing this and I just want to hear your toughts on this and i know its ridiculus but i have machining xp and could make it easly but myb if I get more interested in it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
V7 gearbox says hi

Reactions: dominik549

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,604 Posts
Sounds a little complicated, diminishing returns. Also, he v7 is a nasty platform.
Speaking from experience I see.
Cough cough... m14.:hehe:

Back to the topic.

A similar thing has been done in the GBLS m4s.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
What we have in our club is a sub class called ESR or Electric Sniper Rifle. This is any AEG that is capable of up to 3.3 joules but it has a 3 second delay between shots to mimic the bolt being cycled.
In saying this, I have never made a sniper rifle like VSR10 into electric.
I was going to alter an SR25 so that when you pulled the bolt back it would also pull the tappet plate and air nozzle back. So it would be a manual loading AEG.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it sounds a litlle more complicated than i thought, well to sort out the nozzle problem there would probbably be a v2 nozzle in front of the piston head which would be milled down so a nozzle could actualy fit and the nozzle would ofc go over it and it would be connected with custom 3d printed tapped plate which conects to the sector gear.

v7 gearbox sounds like a good idea but I would like to see if you can build it from the original vsr cylinder (like an addon electric sniper kit), and idk how much air volume can fit inside a v7 but i think its less than the vsr cylinder.

wou... i did not know GBLS m4s are so damn expenisive

thats a nice idea with the sr25, you had any progress on that ?

did anyone tried to make the vsr blowback in anyway that would be fun also

·
Registered
928 Posts
Again... If you value your time, money, and sanity... Stay away from the v7.

That being said, what draws you to a rifle platform like this? It's definitely a unique idea, however simply keeping a manually loading spring bolt action fixes most of the problems of a manual loading electric rifle, while also being cheaper. Think about it:

Electric:
1. Noisy
2. Expensive
3. More prone to breaking/more points of failure
4. Harder to tune
5. Requires a battery

Spring:
1. Quiet
2. Easy to tune
3. Much simpler platform

I guess I'm still a little confused why you want to take a tried and true platform and overcomplicate it, likely ending up with a WORSE rifle that will cost MORE.

And yes, Blackdog, speaking from experience 🙂.

·
Registered
552 Posts
You don’t want to open this can of worms
Most events and fields only allows bolt action snipers at higher joules strictly because of engagement distance and the longer reload times compared to other weapon platforms.
Making electronic sniper (which I would imagine is a gateway for increasing the rate of fire) would be similar to adding HPA into airsoft mix (yes, HPA gives better consistently we all want, but it opened up so many doors for abuse)…eventually some places would ban them from events and fields.
There are other products that sounds good on paper but effectively are useless once it hits the market, first generation magic mikes for example (I don’t know a single place that would allow you to use them) or hot burn pryo devices. Once insurance companies catch wind of products that can increase harm (lawsuits), premiums go up, and when they do, field will ban them.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I think that Tokyo Marui gives recoil to their REAL SHOCK VSR-10 by having a sliding weight on the piston.
Here's a video where you can see recoil.

https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=FxxX_NGvrpY&ab_channel=%E3%83%9E%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E5%A0%BA-MachSakai

Delete the space between .com and /watch after pasting to search bar

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahahah I like how everyone hates the v7

well im not going to build it for a field, just like a project gun to see if it would actually work and to have fun with it (i have tons of free time because of corona)

real shock vsr10 had me in high hopes when i started to watch the video, but I guess if they make the blowback tougher/stronger then you need to pull on it harder and then nobody would use it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
The REAL SHOCK will probably work at high power, but yes, you will need a stronger spring.
That being said, if you're not actually playing with it then it wouldn't be that bad, and you could play with it, just use your sidearm when your arm is tired lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.