Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
I hate to be the pessimist, but I see this opening a gateway to some serious injuries by abusive players. Still cool, but still dangerous.. As Dimitri's story proves. Not saying you guys abuse it, though I can't support the idea of bypassing the safety regs even when used in a safe manor, especially when I know someone out there would use this far inappropriately. It provides a perfect way to "cheat" the chronos and use a gun in game that far surpasses a safe energy level.

..Also talk of guns over 550/.20 in game is against forum rules, but that isn't my concern here.

· Registered
236 Posts
I want to make something clear. I am against the usage of "energy creep". I do not like cheating and in some ways "energy creep" is cheating, or bending the rules to your advantage. I would like to see the rules change so it's not possible to use this trick.
When you do your chronos, it should be done with the desired hop up and BB weight and it should be the joules that decide your MED.

If the shooter is ignorant or just plain stupid, he will not act as his rifle is shooting 4J instead of 2J, he will shoot with the MED for 2J and maybe end up hurting someone. That could hurt the sport and create even more laws to forbid airsoft.

Then why did I want to know more about this "energy creep". Simple, you cant beat something you don't understand. Make it known to people that this is possible, then maybe someone with the capability to do something about it, steps in and change the rules before anything bad happens.

And also, I'm curious. Knowledge is great, even if its "bad" knowledge.
I could see your motive, I just worry about the entire sport along with the safety of others when people (like Dimitri) show examples of such a high in-game energy and admit to still playing. Sure, he said he plays at a safe MED, but others may not. Either way though, it's still twisting the rules and causes safety concerns as well as concerns for the entire sport. I can't imagine lawmakers would like hearing that people can so easily cheat the system, and in some countries the law itself.

Surely my concerns are well understood, I'm not attacking anyone in specific, just voicing my concerns for the safety and continuation of the sport we all love.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.