Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
427 Posts
Yeah, I hear that more sites are going for that, and I would like to see a joule limit come into effect here too. It would mean that I couldn't use my little "trick" any longer, but it IS safer.

A recent site has banned any BB other than .2gram bb because "Heavier BBs can penetrate skin easier". This sounds like tosh to me, so I believe if they'd have just put a joule-limit on rifles, that would be more appropriate.

but yeah, to back this up
These results were taken with the hop up excatly the same. I can't take my hop all of the way off, but it was as low as possible

here is my result on .2 gram BBs:

and .4 gram BBs:

· Registered
427 Posts
ah yeah.

Spring powered vsr10, with excellent air seal and smooth air flow.

+-1fps around 494fps

430mm laylax inner barrel, with firefly hard hop rubber

Laylax cylinder and internals

Madbull .40gram BBs

Xcortech chrono

· Registered
427 Posts
- A better cylinder to barrel volume ratio. It's not the shorter barrel, it's the relation between the volume (ID and lenght) of your barrel vs the volume in your cylinder.
Yeah, this I understand and you're right of course, but seeing as vsr cylinders are generally of a set volume across the board (other than bore-ups from PDI), I don't count them as a variable, unlike barrel volume! Hence why I say "a shorter barrel". I was just taking a verbal short-cut. :)

· Registered
427 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the MAXIMUM amount of creep one may be able to achieve on a max 500fps rifle on .2g BBs?

I'm hearing a lot of "energy creep is bad", and I agree there are safety aspects that must be looked at, but will that extra .4joules of energy I gain at the muzzle make a massive difference in safety?

My maximum energy is still 2.66joules which isn't that large compared to many of you, and I have a 100ft MED, so i feel that I'm still "Playing safe".

I'm not bending the rules at all, my rules state 500fps on .2gram BBs, and hence my rifle is legal. I don't see it as cheating, I see it as another useful tool for knowledgeable snipers to utilise. In all fairness, most people DO utilize it, without even knowing about it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.