Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully done an ER-Hop install with the PDI chamber? Looking at the pictures, there seems to be little room for the ER-Hop window, which I'm okay with because it's still larger than the stock window, but what worries the most is the little space available for an EM-Nub.

Has anyone successfully installed an ER-Hop with an EM-Nub in this chamber? Perhaps this is a good application for the Snibble?

Pictures grabbed from Google. I added the yellow markers on the 2nd pic.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have R-hoped my pdi chamber, i glued the two arms together and put a single TDC screw on the top. To ER-hop it you will have to cut a bigger slot into the chamber and barrel.

And if you go the erhop way then the best way to use the er-hop on this chamber is to use one single arm and a single screw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made the same post over at ASM and HS5 actually thinks the two arm design is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe it's because, I'll probably get tarred for this, I'm not planning on doing the TDC mod.

I have decided to go with the ER-Hop and a very thin EM-Nub, but we'll see how it goes. I'll report back here once I'm done. Thanks! It's good to hear that someone actually tried this on this particular setup. I didn't come up with any pictures of this application on Google.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Snibble shims are too frail and will simply snap if you push it in the chamber with the bucking.

Unfortunately, the PDI chamber is possibly the worst for this purpose due to the difficulties ensued by its design. Anyhow, if you'd like to experiment further with the PDI, you'll have enlarge the window with a dremel to even make room for the EM nub. Then, sand off the nub-holders (making them perfectly even) and glue the two arms together, finally fitting an EM nub onto it so that it essentially acts as one large arm. Two separate nubs on two individual arms will be incredibly hard to implement and will result in frustrating consistency issues. And furthermore, I'd scrap the O ring system and implement a TDC mod. It's simply a better system and you may soon discover that through lesser experiences with the PDI system.

Reactions: KenTsui

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snibble shims are too frail and will simply snap if you push it in the chamber with the bucking.

Unfortunately, the PDI chamber is possibly the worst for this purpose due to the difficulties ensued by its design. Anyhow, if you'd like to experiment further with the PDI, you'll have enlarge the window with a dremel to even make room for the EM nub. Then, sand off the nub-holders (making them perfectly even) and glue the two arms together, finally fitting an EM nub onto it so that it essentially acts as one large arm. Two separate nubs on two individual arms will be incredibly hard to implement and will result in frustrating consistency issues. And furthermore, I'd scrap the O ring system and implement a TDC mod. It's simply a better system and you may soon discover that through lesser experiences with the PDI system.
I actually got HS5 to respond to my post on ASM and he suggested that the two arm thing might not be a bad thing (although I agree that it would be hard to impliment). I'll definitely post back here to report the results the attempt of my ER-Hop install, but before I proceed, I need to work out some possible problem.

I've actually installed all the parts above but I'm having an fps issue(?). Here's what I posted on ASM:

KenTsui said:
So I installed everything I posted in the original post. Everything worked, great.

I used a Lonex AEG bucking, without doing any ER-Hope or EM-Nub mod to it, so I can get a benchmark.

The very first shot I took chrono'ed 490 fps with .20 bb's. Every shot after that chrono'ed in at around 455-460. I was getting about 5 fps variance. I double checked this with some .30 bb's and the muzzle energy seems to agree with the initial test. Does this seem normal to you guys? I thought the fps seems a bit low for this spring.

One a side node, the bucking's hump was intruding into the barrel quite a bit (~3 mm). Maybe it's because I'm too used to seeing an R-Hop, and I haven't tested the actual hop yet because I don't have access to a range yet.

Do you think there is a problem here? I want to make sure everything is running fine before I move on to the ER-Hop and EM-Nub mods.
KenTsui said:
I did zero DIY air seal mods to this. I figured with all these PDI parts, it should be pretty close to the 500 fps mark.

I did notice something weird when I was installing the barrel though. I found that the set screws at the end wasn't really lining up with the slots on the inner barrel. I had to push the inner barrel in more with some force and tighten it down. Also, the end of the barrel isn't touching the outer barrel's end cap.

Do you think I pushed too far and it's deforming the bucking lips? It's too hard to see inside the chamber to tell what the lips are like now. Did you have the same problem when installing the barrel? I thought the set screws were supposed to sit in the slots of the barrel. It didn't look like the slots were going to line up without force.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.