Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends!, on youtube there's no so much vídeos on it until i found this, if any of you has experiences please share!.
The fist vídeo is the decepticon bucking alone and the seconds vídeo it's decepticon and autobot

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Y es but i think, even with all that the results are better with the decepticon. I feel the decepticon is better

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some people feel the earth is flat. Feeling doesn't make someone any less wrong.
Well...the video proves that the decepticon is better, the two bucking are in the same conditions and one has better results and if it had more power and using heavier bbs would be the same result

·
Registered
863 Posts
That video doesn't prove anything. You and the guy who made it, Probably you as well, don't understand how a scientific study is done. I didn't even watch the whole thing. as soon as i saw he was shooting in extreme wind with a 1 joule gun using super lightweight bbs he lost all credibility. Are you the guy that blocked me on facebook the other day for arguing about this exact same issue, A vs B?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That video doesn't prove anything. You and the guy who made it, Probably you as well, don't understand how a scientific study is done. I didn't even watch the whole thing. as soon as i saw he was shooting in extreme wind with a 1 joule gun using super lightweight bbs he lost all credibility. Are you the guy that blocked me on facebook the other day for arguing about this exact same issue, A vs B?
No, is not me, i don't even have facebook ...so then you think the autobot bucking is better?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the decepticon bucking, and at 80 meters it shoots well, even here where I live where every day there are winds between 40 to 60 km per hour and even so it shoots well between quotes because the wind is strong, and the autobot is supposed to is to achieve better distance and decepticon precicion, and with decepticon equal you achieve a considerable distance using .30 which is the heaviest of the bls brand that managed to get. Btw as you said before the feeling thing is a flat earth

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The tests in the video is very, very poor due to the shooting conditions.

I've run compatarive tests with both buckings in a VSR, a WE AKS-74u GBB, a WE RPK (pretty much same thing, only 550mm inner barrel instead of 220), VFC M40A5 a WE SVD, a WE G17, and some WE Makarovs.

The results were always the same. Both were able to reach equally far and accurate, main difference being the Autobot required quite less hop pressure than the Decepticon to lift a given bb weight.
For instance, in the AKs at about 400FPS measured with .20g bbs, the hop wheel was pretty much maxed up to lift .40g bbs with the Decepticon, while still had a third of the wheel to spare when using the Autobot. Both were 70* buckings.
So if I had tested it with .45 or .48, the Autobot would have had "better range", just because it would have been able to lift even heavier bbs. But sun went down before I was able to get into the super heavy stuff, and that perfect zero wind conditions are not something common here. But honestly, shooting .40s on 400FPS, assault / support guns already felt quite silly, even heavier would be ridiculous

It makes sense for the Autobot to require less pressure, as it has slightly more contact surface. But their "better range" claim is just bogus. It just provides the ability to lift heavier bbs, which in turn can provide better range. Decepticon buckings reach equally far if your hop chamber can provide enough pressure to lift the given bb weight.

As for the Decepticon providing better accuracy... it could be true because if the shape providing a top dead centre pressure at the tip, but I've not seen that in practice.
The test were not actual accuracy test, but "how far can I hit", so I don't have groupings on a paper to show off and compare.
But it reached to 95m with the AK at 390FPS, 105 with the RPK at 430, 120 with the SVD st 500 and 120 with the m40 at 600. And in all cases I was able to hit my target (a static, big dude wearing a bright red shirt, assisting on shot correction via radio) all the time, with both buckings, as long as I was not making some shooting error. Which was actually quite hard, as beyond the 80 meters mark the front sight post already completely covered my target.
But the simple fact of being able to hit a dude at 100+ meters speaks of really good accuracy, at least when using "minute of man" standars.

I'm planning to make actual accuracy test on paper next week at actual shooting distances (maybe 60-70m for the assault guns) if conditions allow for. But that's a big IF

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So then the only difference is with autobot the hop up adjustment is less needed then decepticon one. For me, to reach 50 mt 4 clicks is needed and for 80 mt 6 clicks of adjustment so...i think your'e right

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm planning to make actual accuracy test on paper next week at actual shooting distances (maybe 60-70m for the assault guns) if conditions allow for. But that's a big IF
Should be informative, Maple Leaf's claim that the Autobot has more range has been backed up, so now we shall see if their claim that the Decepticon being more accuracte is also true.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the best way to test the accuracy at long distance is with a target to see how far the shot is far from the center, I do not think that testing with a target as big as the human torso. as it appears in the american sniper movie: point to a button and you will fail by 2 inches, point to a shirt and fail by 2 meters, what I mean by this, that it is "easy" to shoot such a large target and say that it is precise. for me a precise rifle is that up to a certain distance it can shoot near the center of the target and according to the wind conditions and other things, the ability of the sniper to calculate and make an accurate shot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.